macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dixiviu
    Bouncing 24-bit: Dither or Not (Because Logic = 32-bit)?
    Dear Community, Assume you have a 24-bit file in Logic and still would like to bounce it to 24-bit, should you use dither or not in this case? The reason for the question is that, as far as I understand it, Logic Pro uses 32-bit (floating point). Thus, 32-bit to 24-bit sounds to me as "going to lower resolution". Perhaps, someone can shed some light on this? Best/Chord123
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bouncing 24-bit: Dither or Not...
    Hi Chord123, The 32-bit floating point resolution of Logic's internal engine is not the same as audio recorded at 24-bit depth... When you bounce tracks from Logic to 24-bit audio files there is no need to use the dither settings. These are only applicable when bouncing to 16-bit audio files. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh, this article by Mo Volans may interest you too: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/quick-tip-apply-dithering[/url] Best Rounik
  • Dixiviu
    Dear Rounik, Thanks for a swift response :) That was the answer I had expected. I just noticed that in the bounce window the three POW-r #1, POW-r #2, and POW-r #3 were not greyed out when my resolution was set to 24-bit. Now I know :) Best/Chord123
  • Rounik Admin
    Cheers! Have a great New Year :)
  • Dixiviu
    Mr Rounik! The same to you. Have Great New Year! By the way: Is there a way to move your busses/auxes around in the mixer window? Let us say that you have an open HH on Aux 8 and a Close HH on Aux 17, but would like to have them both next to each other? I have tried, but can't do it. My last question for this year :) Best/L
  • Rohogay
    I found if I move tracks around on the arrange page, they show up on the mixer that way. I have pulled up the Automation function "Read" so that in the arrange page, I can use the key command A and see the track I am interested in moving. I then move it. I think there is a way, I was assuming in the environment but I have meant to do some digging and find a definitive answer for your question on my own behalf, my crude solution is one I have used just to move tracks both audio and software. I have also moved AUX channels that way. Don't think I did a buss yet but if it can be automated, I believe it will show on the arrange page and that is where I've done my arranging (no pun intended) of my channel strips.
  • Dixiviu
    Dear Mojave, Indeed, if you move tracks around in the Arrange window they will equally move in the mixer. As I read your thread it just hit me that I should, at least, try the following: In the mixer window: options>Create Arrange Tracks for the fSelected Channel Strips. Hope it works :) Best/Chord123
  • Rohogay
    Yes, I just tried that and it works very well. So now we both have a solution to our endeavor. Yaaaaay Mac Pro Video Support Forum.
  • Dixiviu
    Dear Mojave, Excellent news! I have not had a chance to try it myself yet. But, now we know, thanks to you. Indeed, This is an excellent forum. I love it. Fantastic people here. We solved it!!! Best/Chord123
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: