macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nypovoo
    help!
    as I can connect a compressor to my sound card digi 003 rack .???? My compressor is a Tc Electronic C400XL I can not work! help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: help!
    Hi logic and welcome to the forums! Please give a little more detail as to how you connecting the TC hardware compressor to your Digi 003... Also, are you trying to use the compressor on the audio signal going into Logic directly..? Need more details :) Rounik
  • Nypovoo
    I try to connect the compressor to the sound card just to compress a microphone. not a global compression. Anyone can help me connect my compressor to the sound card? sound card is a digidesing 003 rack and compressor is a TC. electronic C400XL
  • Rohogay
    Hi there Normally in order to connect external hardware to your computer, you need a hardware interface or more commonly known as an I/O. These are varied in types and degree of ability. Unless your sound card is equipped with a set of input and output routing ports or you have some sort of hardware based I/O product, it will be difficult if not outright undoable simply by virtue of the need for input, and output connections. Does your sound card have adequate input and output ports? Does your sound card have a software driver which offers a control panel of sorts enabling you to rout signal? That interface would be necessary so you can call upon the compressor from logic using an I/O soft patch in the utility menu? Victor Mason
  • Rounik Admin
    erm... just to clarify... you've got the equipment plugged in like this right? Microphone INTO --> Compressor INTO--> Digi003 INTO--> Mac? In Logic have you matched the input on the audio track to the Input on the Digi003? Do you have all the latest drivers? Can you please give more info... Where are you stuck? Do you have the equipment physically plugged in or not? Is the Digi003 selected in Logic's Audio Device Preferences? Without the compressor attached is the mic to Digi003 to Logic working ok? Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: