macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Multimeter: Correlation Target...
    Sounds like a good idea Hamish! Thanks :)
  • Dixiviu
    Hi Hamish & Rounik! How interesting, I am really looking forward to this! :) Thank you both for your time and effort: Best/Chord
  • Hamish H
    Hi The midi regions are up, under the heading Fat Bass Experiment. Hopefully thats enough to get you started, I'll have a go tomorrow or later this week too Cheers! Hamish
  • Dixiviu
    Dear Hamish! Thank you so very much for uploading the three basslines :) I liked, in particular, the second bass line. Very funky/stompy, exactly my cup of tea. If you are not producing House music; I, really, think you should :) Now, I believe, I should, perhaps, have been a bit clearer at the start of my thread. What I am really after is that particular sound of that electric bass/funky bass. To more or less build a "complete" channel-strip that will capture the sound by using only Logic Pro and its plugins. It is of course possible to use sampled sounds from a vendor, however my goal is to have a "playable" instrument along a wider scale. I will try to play around with the plugins during next week and see what I can come up with. Best Reagrds/Chord123 :)
  • Hamish H
    Hi Chord123 I wish those basslines were my idea but unfortunately not.... they are just my versions of the basslines in the tunes you listed earlier in the thread. I'd be very happy if I could make a bassline like that from scratch. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with - and how close we can get to the sound you're after. Its been a fun challenge so far! H
  • Dixiviu
    Hi Hamish! I am sure that in due time we will get close :) Best/Chord123
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Took a very quick listen to Michael Gray's Weekend - Ian Carey remix... here's a couple of rough sound sketches built-on Hamish's bass MIDI regions we could use to start with..? [url]http://www.box.net/shared/sqdlq1dn2q[/url] Thanks R
  • Dixiviu
    Hi Rounik & Hamish! Thanks Rounik for the files! I am so sorry for not having having had the time to have worked further with your files. I have been so swamped with work recently (which has nothing to do with music) and will be for some time now. I think, though, going back to the Bass line/Ian Carey issue, it could be an idea to actually explore further the following two things? 1. Guitar Amp pros FX section, namely vibrato. 2. Make two tracks (identical copies) with different EQ:s. I will have it solved before Christmas of 2011 :) Best Regards/Chord123
  • Hamish H
    Hi Chord 123 I can't recommend these tutorials enough: Analog synthesis in a digital world [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/avfundamentals201[/url] Logic 206 ES2 Exposed [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9206[/url] and when you're ready for a bit of a challenge Live 8 402 Designing Sounds for Dance Music [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/live8402[/url] You are thinking in the right way when you talk about vibrato etc, but the trick to synthesising a bass sound starts right down at foundation level - the way the oscillators work together and the waveforms you choose. Its worth taking your time and learning from scratch. I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun experimenting with sounds, you'll have a better understanding of what Ian Carey's sounds are made of - and who knows you might even come up with some bass sounds of your own that beat Ian Carey hands down. I'm having a try right now, and while I can't quite make a slap bass funky sound yet I'm making some pretty good techno, and having a blast! By Christmas 2011 you will have to change your name to BassMaster123... H
  • Dixiviu
    Hi Hamish! Thank you so much for the good tutorial tips. I just bought Logic 206 ES2 Exposed and will have to view it soon. Indeed, you are so right, one really have to spend a great deal of time and coming from scratch, the best way to learn. I really, just go going about a year ago with Logic Pro and it feels like being back to school again :) However, it is a great deal of fun and by watching the tutorials here and being on this forum you gain excellent insight and improve your speed around the program. Good to hear that you are experimenting with it in the Techno world. Haha, I appreciate your last comment :) Best Regards/Chord123
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: