macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Key signature and score.
    I am trying to change the key signature on the score half way through the song. If I change key signature on the score from A to B at bar 64 and click okay it changes signature to B all the way back to bar 1. How do I keep A at bar 1 and change to B at bar 64? I would also like to know if possible how to put the title across the top of the score......and insert the lyrics. thanks....Dave
  • Hamish H
    Re: Key signature and score.
    Hi Dave Are you working with Logic 9? Are you using one of these methods to set the signature? (from page 945 of the manual) 1: In the Global Tracks area of the Arrange window, click a position in the Signature track's key signature area with the Pencil tool, then choose a key in the Key Signature window. Or 2: In the Score Editor, double-click a staff between the clef and time signature, then choose a key in the Key Signature window. You can also drag the key signature from the Part box to the appropriate bar position. Or 3: Click the Create Key Signature button in the Signature List. The title can be entered by selecting the text tool and clicking anywhere in the header. Take a look at "Working with Global Text" on p 913 of the manual. You can add lyrics using the LYRIC object, found in the 'text' group in the part box. Either Drag the lyric object below the first note of the melody, or select the lyric object in the Partbox, then click the position of the first note with theText tool. Enter the text for the first note and press Tab, not Return, to automatically move the text cursor to the beginning of the next MIDI note. This is from p 915 of the manual, I'm pretty much quoting word for word. I'd recommend having a good look at the entire section from 907 onwards ("Working with Standard Text"), it goes into a lot more depth than I can here. See how you go and get back in touch if its not working! Cheers Hamish
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: