macProVideo.com
Forums
  • no midi sound
    Problems with my m-audio keystation 49 e
    I have been using this keyboard for 3 years now . never a problem . now all of a sudden it wont work in Logic Express 9. I have no clue what happened and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out with my meager brain power.. help !!! :)
  • Rohogay
    Re: Problems with my m-audio keyst...
    Are midi activity and notes showing in the activity window? The "R" or record button is on? So are you seeing the data flow in the Environment coming from the Midi channel strip?
  • no midi sound
    On the input, It shows that a chord is being played and tells you what it is , but the output it says no output. And There is no where on the track channel that gives me the option of choosing any output.
  • Rohogay
    What midi Instrument do you have instaciated? Does the flow of data show in the environment if you insert a monitor device between the channel strip and output? Dos the midi instrument GUI offer you any in and out info?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, If the Transport MIDI Activity display shows that MIDI notes are incoming that's good! MIDI Out would show you if Logic is sending MIDI data to an external device. Your Keystation 49 is a MIDI Controller NOT a MIDI Synth with built-in sounds... Try the following: 1. Create a new Software Instrument track. 2. If needed, insert an instrument on that track's channel strip and now play the keys on your Keystation. Do you hear any sound? Here are two blog posts which may be of help: 1. Starting out recording [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/complete-beginners-guide-apple-logic-9-part-1[/url] And this one deals with Troubleshooting if you get no "sound" when using Logic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/troubleshooting-logic-101-hear-audio-heres[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • no midi sound
    Thanks for your reply, I realize My keystation isn't a real keys. I just use it to play the software instruments. I've been using it for years to play the parts in with no problem. Plug in and go since I bought it..now, nothing works. It does works when I use garage band but not when I use logic on the same computer. The notes register as coming in, but don't record ( with R button on ) and I says there is no out put. I am plugged in by way of USB only, which I have always done. I just know it's probably one checked command somewhere I must have hit without realizing, but which one is beyond me.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi No MIDI Sound, Did you try all the relevant steps in the Troubleshooting link above? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/troubleshooting-logic-101-hear-audio-heres[/url] It really may just narrow down where the problem is. Also, have you upgraded your OS since the Keystation last worked properly in Logic? Do you have the latest drivers from M-Audio for your keystation? Are you running Logic 9.1.3? Have you tried simply restarting your Mac and unplugging and plugging in your keyboard? What about using a completely new, blank (not a template) project? Does it work there? Please let us know if any of the above work and we can then get a better idea of where the problem may be. Thanks! Rounik
  • no midi sound
    yes is am running 9.1.3 yes I have restarted unplugged etc... yes I have tried opening new projects, not template i noticed one thing that i keep seeing that is NOT my screen. on step 9 from that link above, they show a picture of a chain followed by ( from left upper corner reading to the right ) midi out new edit options view mine doesn't have NEW OR THE MIDI BUTTON just a button of a bent arrow pointing up, then a chain, edit , options and then view thats all i have to choose from. this is odd because when I tried tutorials online , they were talking about clicking on things that aren't there.
  • no midi sound
    also thank you for your time I REALLY appreciate it ! DonovanFraser@comcast.net
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, No problem! There isn't a step 9 from either of the above linked blog posts... which "step 9" are you referring to? Could you post a screenshot or the screen that doesn't have the "NEW or MIDI BUTTON" here? Details on how to post screenshots are here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] Thanks! Rounik p.s. I'd also try trashing Logic's preferences file: 1. Go to [Home folder]/Library/Preferences/ 2. Move the file "com.apple.logic.pro.plist" to your Desktop. 3. Launch Logic. (Logic will create a new preferences file automatically). Let us know how you get on. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: