macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Key signature and score
    Hi Hamish, I have changed the key signature different ways in different parts of the song but every time I make a change it changes the key signature of the whole song.I won't allow me to change say at bar 64 on and stay at the original key signature before that. Any suggestions? Also, I have a particular track that runs 111 measures. In the piano roll it runs for 111 measures. In the score editor it stops at 32 measures and has a square box around number 33. How do I get that off there, so it will read to 111. You mentioned a manual that has 900 and some pages. My Logic manual only goes to 166. Am I missing something? Thanks.....Dave
  • Hamish H
    Re: Key signature and score
    Hi Dave Take a look here: http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/resources/ and on the bottom right of the screen you'll find the full list of user manuals. The one I'm referring to is called Logic Pro 9 User manual. I'm not at a computer where i can try out changing the key sorry, so hopefully the manual can answer some of your qustions for the time being, and I'll try later. Hamish
  • Hamish H
    Hi Dave It works for me here when I use the pencil tool in the Arrange window. Open the Global Tracks area on the top of the Arrange page by clicking the white arrow next to "Global Tracks", then open the Signature Track by clicking the white arrow next to "Signature". Choose the Pencil tool (ESC and 2), then click the Signature global track area at the point you want to change the key. Choose your key and then click OK. Now if you open the Score editor the key change will appear where you chose it. You can move the key change position around by dragging the edge of the region in the Signature Track on the arrange page. You can also delete it, or add other changes. This works well for me. I tried the other method of double clicking on the score itself but the same problem happened - the key change jumped back four bars towards the start of the track! Weird. Hope that helps, give us a shout if you need help with the lyrics and header too. Oh and if you need to write back, please just reply to this thread instead of starting a new one. It helps other people with the same problem to find the solution if its all kept in one thread. Cheers Dave! Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, as Hamish says it's very important to either select the pencil tool (double-clicking will change the project's key sig) or right-click... You might find this thread with pics helps too: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=27737&sid=#27749[/url] btw, please do feel free to keep the same question in the same thread - it makes it easier when others search the forums to find solutions :) P.S. With Logic open choose: Help > Logic Pro Help to view the Logic manuals online. Cheers :) Rounik
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Hammish, Thanks, gong thru the global then signature track did the trick. I am trying to print the score on a track in a song. The track runs 111 bars. The piano roll shows 111 bars but the score stops at 32. What and how do I reset the locator to display all 111 bars in the score. Thanks......Dave
  • Hamish H
    Hi Dave Is the track made up of multiple MIDI regions? And do you have one of them selected? I just did an experiment with a 8 bar loop, repeated for 113 bars. If I don't have any of the regions selected, the score window shows all 113 bars. But if I select one region, the score window shows only the 8 bar loop that I selected. So I'm wondering if you have a 32 bar loop selected before you open the score window? If you do, deselect the region by clicking any grey section on the arrange page. Then try opening the score window again. Hope this helps, (I have never used the score window before so I am learning a lot!) Cheers Hamish
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Hamish, Used the glue tool and pulled the track which displayed all entries on the track in the score. Thanks. I'm getting ready to record vocals. I have connected a mic to a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra with a USB connect to the computer. I have installed the M-Audio and opened an Audio track in the arrange area. The program recognizes the Fast track ultra as the input but I get no sound. Any ideas? Thanks. Dave
  • Bj
    Hi, What type of Microphone is it? Dynamic or Condenser? Condenser Mics require 48 volts Phantom Power... Dynamic Mics do not... Cheers
  • Hamish H
    Hi Dave Glad you worked out the score issue! You also need to have the track record-armed before you see any signal in Logic. (You won't actually record anything until you hit 'record'.) I used to have an MAudio Fast track, from memory the phantom power (+48v) is a switch on the back. Hope that helps - come back if you need more info! Cheers Hamish
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Hi Hamish, I have recorded an sax part audio track through my M-audio fast track ultra. It recorded but I get no sound during playback.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: