macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hamish H
    Re: Key signature and score
    Hi Dave! 1. Check that the track isn't still in record-ready mode. If the red 'r ' is still flashing, click it again so that it stops. 2. Make sure the monitor section for the fasttack is set up correctly - take a look at Software Control Panel section of the manual for the fasttrack. I haven't had a good look at it yet but if you get stuck just let me know. Hope that helps, glad you got your sax recorded! Cheers Hamish
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Re: UltraBeat
    Thanks Hamish... it was the red enable botton. I am still having a problem though. When recording thru the fast track ultra, I barely get sound or signal. I have to crank the channel on the ultra I am recording threw all the way up and still barely get anything..... sound or sound wave on the track. It's like something is blocking it. The core audio screen does show the Ultra as being the input and output devise, and of course that it is enabled.
  • Hamish H
    Key Signature and score
    Hi Dave I've had a quick look at the manual - it looks like the Ultra has a - 20db pad, to use when you have a really really hot signal. It sounds like you might have this switched on. According to the manual, its controlled with the gain knob for the mic input you're using. If you want to turn the pad off, push the gain control in. If you want to turn the pad on, pull it out. Do you have the user manual for the Ultra? If not, you can find it here: [url]http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manuals/071206_FTUltra_UG_EN01.pdf[/url] Take a look at section 5: Controlling Connectors on page 4. Button 5 is what I'm talking about: "5: Mic/Instrument Gain/Pad 1-4 (Gain) - these knobs adjust the mic or instrument level input gain for channels 1 through 4. Pulling the knob out will engage a 20 dB pad on the Mic and Instrument input. Pushing the knob in will disengage the pad." I hope thats what's blocking it, let me know how you get on! Cheers Hamish
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Re:Tracks and library
    I have created 6 songs with different instrument tracks, however i opened another new track and for some reason I cannot access Logic instruments in the library, The only thing that appears under the library is the following: 01 Drums / 02 keyboards / 03 guitar / 04 horns / 05 voice / 06 mastering. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.....how can I bring up all the logic instruments? I even tried typing it in.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dave it sounds like you've created an audio track by mistake? Do start a new thread for new questions btw - it'll be helpful to the general community when scanning for an answer in the many threads on the forums. Thanks! R
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Rounik.......I am in the arrange window, opened the new track frame, clicked on software instrument and create. It brings a track up with another instrument I have used in the song. Does not bring up the logic library. Brings up a very limited library, with voice, mastering and a couple other settings. I am trying to open a track so I can play a strings track. I've done it in 4 songs so far......don't know why I'm having trouble now.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dave, Do you have "Universal Track mode" enabled? Preferences > Audio Which instrument is instantiated on the new Software Inst track? If it's one you already have used and you deleted / removed the track from the Arrangement you can simply click-hold on the Instrument and choose "No Instrument" from the drop-down menu. The Library is context sensitive... so when the Library is open it can display either: - settings for the channel's plugin - settings for the channel's Instrument (on Software Instrument tracks) OR - channel strip settings for that channel. To choose what the Library displays simply single-click on a plugin, instrument or the channel strip button (top of Channel Strip) in the Inspector. It will have a faint white border to indicate that it has "key focus" and the Library will display content relative to that 'key focus' item. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • DAVE RENSHAW
    Thank you when I clicked on the track and held, it brought up all the instrument options allowing me to change to the desired instrument.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dave, Yes this is the standard way to choose plugins... the library offers a more dynamic view. I'd really recommend checking out the Logic 101 tutorial and the blog for more info. Hope that's helped :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: