macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hexapye
    Delay/arp object with sugar bytes Thesys
    Hi, i like using sugar bytes thesys with my synths but i want to send the midi signal coming from thesys to a second or third midi instrument and i also would like to use the delay and arp objects with that midi signal. Thesys allows you to choose the midi port of your selection to send the sequencer data it generates. You can also create midi ports using the iac network from within audio/midi setup in OSX and route the sequencer data of thesys to an iac bus and use your softsynths,but how can i have a duplicate of that midi data generated by Thesys and use it in the logic environment to trigger a second instrument. Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Delay/arp object with sugar by...
    Hi myconoid, Once you set up the IAC network on your Mac, then in theory you can route the signal which passes from 'thesys' to the IAC back into Logic (Via IAC port) and from the Physical Object's IAC Input route that to the channel strip of your choice. Is this what you mean? Rounik
  • Hexapye
    Hi Rounik, Yes thats how i thought that would happen but it doesnt. When i connect a monitor object to the port on the physical input object that i ve routed the sequencer data of thesys i dont see any midi activity. When i dont use the iac bus and route the signal directly to a midi port on my midi interface the hardware synth connected to that port receives the sequencer data but i can not see any midi activity when i connect a monitor object to that specific port. I would like use the same signal to trigger another synth.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi myconoid, I'll download the demo and as soon as I get some time over this week I'll see if I can find a solution. In the meantime, please update this thread with any detailed info, suggestions, or things you find out :) Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey myconoid, OK. I've figured it out... There's a long method (probably the "proper" way) and a short and sweet way... Here's the short and sweet which works for me - and requires no Environment trickery. 1. Quit Logic. Launch Audio MIDI Setup and create at least one Port for your IAC Bus. I have it's MIDI in and Out set to 1. 2. Launch Logic. Create a new Project and create 2 software instrument tracks. Insert Thesys on the 1st track. Insert your desired software instrument on track 2. 3. In the Thesys plugin interface, create a simple pattern (or complex!) and very importantly click on the SUGAR BYTES logo (top right) to open the "About" window. Select the IAC Bus 1 as the MIDI Out Port. 4. In Thesys set the Trigger Mode to "Host" and make sure it's track is NOT selected otherwise the MIDI out will feedback into the Thesys track. 5. With the other Soft Inst track selected press play in Logic and you should now hear the other synth being triggered from the MIDI data sent from Thesys. You may need to play with the delay settings for the track to compensate for the time it takes for MIDI data to pass from Thesys through Logic to IAC and back out of Logic... Hope this helps :) Rounik
  • Hexapye
    Hi Rounik, Thank you for the detailed information. How about hardware synths?How can i trigger 2 hardware synths with one instance of thesys? I would like to use the delay and/or arp object triggered by thesys and the second synth is triggered after the thesys data passes through the delay/arp object inside the environment.I need to get the Thesys sequence data in the environment. Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi myconoid, Remember that the MIDI data from Thesys can only "leave" the plugin via the IAC port - not through Logic's environment... then it could be routed back in and through an Arp object if you wish... but to send it out again is the problem. Unfortunately, I don't have any MIDI hardware synths anymore to try this out on... but have you tried routing the IAC input on the Physical object to the MIDI track (channel strip) of the corresponding hardware synth? Thanks Rounik
  • Hexapye
    Hello Rounik, No i havent tried that.I ll give it a try. Thank you for the tip. Take care.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey myconoid Cool. Let me know how you get on. :) Rounik
  • Vanhaze2000
    Maybe offtopic but if you like Thesys, you may consider Numerology also : www.five12.com This plugin goes way further than thesys, steep lurning curve but if you get the hang of it, it's just the bomb in creating sequence patterns in Logic. All the best, Rob.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: