macProVideo.com
Forums
  • spotlight
    Re: Logic 9 express voice recordin...
    I printed out the score without lyrics Thank you! Still would like to know how to type my beautiful lyrics :) , so that my students can sing No video for it? It's very important, I think :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Yeah... Using the Text tool in Logic's Score should be a doddle... at least the Score could be really cool. A tutorial on Logic's Score would be great... Now if only I knew of someone who is a Logic Score genius... a funny man... and a great trainer... hmmm oh, Ski... could you advise on this ;-)
  • spotlight
    Please Ski My Swiss students are going to love you :) Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
  • spotlight
    Please Ski My Swiss students are going to love you :) Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Peter Schwartz
    Despite all of the sweet things Spotlight had to say (and you too Rounik), I am at a loss as to who to recommend to do score editor tutorials. Hmmm... let me see... there's this guy Peter Schwartz who might be able to drum something up. I'll ask him next time I speak with him. Cheers! Ski
  • Rounik Admin
    He's a hard man to catch hold of.... rumour has it he lives in a Cave under BBC head quarters in London and that on Sunday's (between 17:15-18:00) murmurs and proclamations about MIDI can be heard floating on the air... erm... anyway, and for the benefit of Spotlight, who by now has no idea what I'm talking about... Ski do you have any idea why the Text Tool isn't working quite the way it should? Thanks R
  • Peter Schwartz
    I hear he never leaves his bedroom, has Radio 4 playing all day and night. Loves listening to the shipping reports and all... OK, Lyrics! [img]http://www.peterschwartzmusic.com/MPV/lvt.jpg[/img] Lyrics can be entered two ways... either with the text tool or the lyric tool. My pick? [i]Definitely[/i] the lyric tool. Text (using the text tool or by select the "A" in the partbox and then selecting TEXT) can be placed anywhere in the score. Use this only for general text placement, i.e., expression markings and instruction such as [i]sempre legato[/i], [i]loco[/i], [i]4 players[/i], etc. For lyrics, first select LYRIC (also found under the "A" in the partbox). Then use pencil tool to enter the first word or syllable under a note, and then hit TAB, not enter. The cursor will now move to the next note where you can enter the second word or syllable. TAB to the next one... and so on. ==================== Actually, that would make for a great little video tutorial, because there are some cool techniques that can make lyric entry very easy and quick. But "time is short, the song is over, thought I'd something more to saaaaaaaay". Sorry, had a Pink Floyd moment there.
  • spotlight
    Thank you! I found a great way to type lyrics, which is glue the text together and move them one by one and It worked just the way I wanted. If I don't glue the words, the lyrics go all over the place as soon as I hit the Tab. Since my notation is complex , by using glue has helped me a lot. Hope this make sense to you :) And thank you for the tips. Don't use enter , hit Tab! Spotlight
  • Peter Schwartz
    I'm glad your method is working for you, but at the same time I wouldn't recommend it because your lyrics (text) will move around if you do any kind of re-formatting of the score. The benefit of actually using Lyrics is that they're tied to the notes themselves. That way, if you decide to alter the layout of the score, your lyrics remain tied to the note positions. I'd love to see an example of one of your lines with lyrics to understand why the lyric function isn't working for you. Could you post a screen shot?
  • spotlight
    I have done a screen shot. How do I post it Ski?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: