Re: Logic 9 express voice recordin...
I may not have gotten the lyrics aligned exactly the way you wanted, but basically I placed one syllable per note. Here was my method:
1. in the partbox, select "A" and then select "lyric"
2. select the pencil tool and click under the first note you want to add lyrics to. Type in "I" and then hit TAB. Lyric entry will then jump to the next note.
3. type in "wurd" and hit TAB again. Then "am", and so on.
4. for "libe -" I typed in "libe" plus a space plus a dash (hyphen), then I hit TAB to move to the next note.
5. If you make a mistake, hit Return to stop lyric entry. Select the mistake and hit delete, CMD-X, or use the eraser tool. Then click on that note with the pencil tool again and continue lyric entry. Don't worry if the lyrics aren't aligned. Just keep entering lyrics.
CLEAN-UP: if your lyrics aren't aligned properly, find the key command for "align vertically" and assign a key to it. Then...
6a. Select each line of lyrics and use that key command. If the lyrics end up being too high or too low for a particular line (or system), select the lyrics and use the Layout Tool to move them.
6b. If various individual lyrics don't center nicely on the notes, you can also use the Layout Tool to adjust their position. And if that causes you to accidentally shift a lyric up or down, repeat 6a above to make nice straight lines of lyrics.