macProVideo.com
Forums
  • piewo
    Better uninstall Logic 8 before installing Logic 9.
    Hello I just installed logic 9, after only a few minutes: first crash (trying to load my old keyboard shortcuts). I wonder If having installed logic 9 whereas logic 8 was still installed on the system can brings issue and instability? [b]YOUR TEXT HERE[/b] [i] ( A lot of threads on the web actually tell how to uninstall logic 8 but in none of them I can find an answer to my sunday evening question...can you?)[/i]
  • Bj
    Re: Better uninstall Logic 8 befor...
    Hi piewo, If you haven't already perhaps a Permissions Repair might Help... See this Link http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874 As for Uninstalling Logic 8... it is not really necessary... unless you want to... But I would hold off until you were Happy and Convinced that Logic 9 was working to your Satisfaction. Hope this Helps, Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Yup, I agree with Bj (good to see you again. Hope all is well!) There really should be no need at all to uninstall Logic 8 prior to installing Logic 9. If something is going wrong then it's more likely you have an issue with your Mac or User account. At what stage exactly when installing Logic 9 do you get the error? :) R
  • Bj
    Hey Rounik, Yep, all going well... as I hope it is with you... Took a bit of Music time off last year... just to smell the Roses... And I will take this opportunity to Wish yourself and All at MacPro, a Happy and Exciting New Year... Love the Blogs by the way... Cheers... : )
  • piewo
    hello, thanks for taking the time to reply ; ) The install run smoothly, I just got the error when I first tried to load my old Logic pro 8 saved keyboard shortcuts, Nothing really bad but you know what it's like when you use logic 8 without almost any crash for many years and at the first minutes you run logic 9 it crashes... A lot of things happen in year head. [i](maybe I should have...or maybe it's... or maybe logic 9 is not really... do I really need to uprade...blahblahblah)[/i]
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs piewo! How did you try loading the keyboard shortcuts into Logic? (They are contained in Logic's Pref's file) Also, did you update to the latest version of Logic 9 yet? 9.1.3 is much more stable than 9.0.0 ;-) I hear ya! Just remember to backup and repair permission like Bj says :) ----- Hey Bj! Glad you like the Blog... it's going to get bigger and better this year... You know I also took a little time off last year from music... teaching Logic all the time... but making music less so. Good to see you around again - and best of health and happiness for 2011 too! :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: