macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xapemau
    Save as a copy
    Hi,I wrote a tune and there was so many different melodies of idea's,I thought I would move some of the audio files.So, I recorded the parts I wanted and save as copy,bounced it and when I wanted to add more tracks,it would not except recording of any new pluggin's on this new window.What's up with that? Am I missing something?
  • Xapemau
    Re: Save as a copy
    I don't know what I have done,but I got out of this mess .Sorry, false alarm!!! It's working now.
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad to hear you've got it sorted. Personally, when transferring projects to a new version of Logic or new machine - I make sure that I save the project as... (from the File menu) and check the boxes to copy audio files/samples/etc. Then in the Audio Bin window you can use on of the local menu commands to select unused files and use Control-backspace to delete them from your project. (I'm not at Logic right now, hence my slightly vague menu command pointers ;-) Hope this helps for the future & always, always keep your audio files in the "Audio" or "Bounces" sub-folder of your project. This is the first place Logic will look for them when opening your project. Thanks Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Thank you so much for the advice,Rounik.It was working fine today, and now it tells me reorganize and it won't let me add a new track after I recorded something.I'll try again later.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi hamaric, Can I confirm the version of Logic you are using and the OSX... and what Mac you are running? Have you tried trashing the Logic pref's file: 1. Quit Logic & go to [Home folder]/Library/Preferences/ 2. Move the file "com.apple.logic.pro.plist" to your Desktop. 3. Launch Logic. (Logic will create a new preferences file automatically). and also repairing permissions on your Mac: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Cheers R
  • Xapemau
    OK I will try that. Thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: