macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dekuruy
    Steve H's performance at Tekserve last night
    Hey Steve - just wanted to thank you again for your wonderful iPad/Logic performance and demonstration last night at Tekserve. Thought I'd post here also to let everyone else know about the night and some of what transpired. Steve used the MIDI Touch app on the iPad to control Sculpture's morph pad (and maybe some other parameters as well). This created a very diverse soundscape, covering a huge range of the audio spectrum. Steve never touched his Mac or any other controller during the performance of this piece. All the sounds were being manipulated by the iPad exclusively. After an interesting and entertaining panel discussion with Steve and the three other performer/presenters at the event, Steve did another performance using Logic's Environment, two hardware controllers, and the MorphWiz iPad app. Steve set the scene with a lot of ambient textures and rhythm, all generated by his costom made Environment, with melodic colorations being added by the Morphwiz. This developed into a more avant-type free jam, with the other three performers joining in using various apps on their iPads. Steve was awesome. Although the other three performers were excellent as well, Steve's performances were the highlight of the night. One of the most enjoyable things for me was that, because I had seen many of Steve's tutorials, I was able to have a very good sense of what he was doing, and what type of Environment constructions were being used to create the music he was making. This is a real tribute to Steve as a teacher. He's not hiding anything. And yet, in not giving everything away, he's able to instill in the learner a deeper understanding of the concepts behind what he's teaching. In closing, I have to say that it was a pleasure meeting Steve for the first time. As well as him being an accomplished musician and teacher, Steve is a genuine, down to earth guy, and a Gentleman. Thanks, Steve, and all at MPV! Adam
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Steve H's performance at Tekserve last night
    Hey Adam!! Man, thanks for reviewing this event! I was really keen on finding out what happened there and how it went... and SteveH is just too humble a guy to brag!! You didn't by any chance record any of Steve's performance on video? :) Rounik
  • Dekuruy
    Hey Rounik, Good to hear from you. Hope you are well. It was my pleasure to write about such a well done, informative, and entertaining event. It was definitely the place to be, as it was packed! I'm pretty sure I saw another MPV trainer in the audience, as well. Yeah, Steve seems to be a real upstanding example of the importance of humility in the creative arts. I'm sure that quality makes him a better teacher, as well. I did happen to shoot some video with my iPhone. I only got just under 10 min. of the "Echoes of a Dream" performance. That was most of it, though. I'd be happy to share if you'd like. Just let me know how and where. BTW, I like the new look in the forums. Nice!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adam, Thanks! SteveH is indeed one of a kind! I've sent you an email offline. Thanks :)
  • steveH
    I'm blushing... thanks!!!!
  • Jazmin From Tekserve
    Tekserve will be releasing video of the event in the next few weeks. I'll post back here when it's live on our YouTube channel so you can see Steve's great performance: [url]http://www.youtube.com/tekserve[/url] We've posted a guide with all the iPad & iPhone music creation Apps used at the Future of Music performance here: [url]http://www.tekserve.com/store/4223/Future_of_Music_V_Event[/url]
  • Dekuruy
    Hi Jazmin, Thanks for that info. May I take the opportunity to say that all at Tekserve did a great job of hosting the event. Harry Allen was an excellent moderator, as well. Thank you, Adam
  • Jazmin From Tekserve
    Thanks Adam! I'm so glad you liked the event. We love throwing community events like this so it's always great to hear you got something out of it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jazmin, Welcome to the macProVideo.com Forums! Unfortunately, being based in the UK I was unable to make it to the event. Looking forward to checking out the videos. :)
  • Fafuvui
    Mounir You guys are lucky,you don't have any idea about how lucky you are havin' the chance to feel all that magic just from some few meters and see steve h in front of you ...i'm living in italy and recently discovered all about MPV and steve's lessons are great ,the other guys are brave too,but steve is kind of ORIGINAL (in fench means authentic) i think christian will understand what i mean ( n est-ce pas chris!) any way,i m planning to move to Montreal and beleive me i'll come and see you because such things worth it
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: