macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JamieInNC
    Re: UltraBeat
    Rounik, I certainly will post my findings on the Duet breakout! I have set up my monitoring system in different ways to avoid noise and such, but the breakout box should be optimal for my needs. Right now I have placed my monitors at least 6 feet from the computer and other machinery. I also have powered them by using separate surge protectors on different power outlets in the room. This has reduced the noise I had before a great deal already! I do find, however, that when my computer updates to Time Machine for backups, the interference is more than noticeable, especially on the monitor that is in line with my wireless router. This isn't the most horrible thing ever, but it is annoying if I'm monitoring something and the update starts. I think the balanced outputs on the box should help lower the noise level in most cases and provide the flattest, most uninterrupted sound I can possibly get in this room. That's pretty much why I bought it. Well, that and the fact that the cable that comes with the duet is all over the place! Jamie
  • JamieInNC
    Whoa! Just got the subwoofer and Duet breakout box connected and... What a difference! Now, my sub woofer is a little loud and is a bit boomy, but I think after I get some treatment on the walls and in the corners it will be a bit more controlled. Hey Rounik, When I get some bass traps set up, should I just set the level on the back of the sub to a comfortable setting using several reference songs so that it seems more even with the mids and highs? Is that how most people arrange their subwoofer? Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jamie, That's great news! TBH, I haven't used a sub woofer in my setup... so couldn't give you technical advice on this... alot depends on the actual room and how well treated you feel the room is. I would experiment using your method of a reference song until I find the most neutral sound... :)
  • Rohogay
    This is a great scenario for ARC by IK Multi media. They allow for any room and any set up to be corrected. Check it out considering all you've done for the room thus far.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: