macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xetiwoa
    Apple Loops - Weird Sounds
    I am just getting started in recording audio and turning them into Apple Loops - the process is easy enough and have managed most without problems. However..... I have recorded an acoustic bass (16 measure - 64 beats) part at 165 bpm and converted the file into an Apple Loop. I have inserted this loop into a song which is beat mapped and the resulting tempo is between 159 bpm and 166 bpm. The tempo works but the sound is weird - almost like it is quavering. The looped wave form looks chopped up relative to the original, non converted Apple loop wave form. Is there a fix?? Will it be better to make a series of shorter Apple Loops?? Thanks - Lee
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Apple Loops - Weird Sounds
    Hi Lee, I tend to use shorter phrases as Apple Loops - but in theory what you've done would work a lot better on rhythmic and monophonic material. Now, depending on your bass part you might hear warbly sound when you add it to the beat mapped project. Personally I'd use flex time to analyse the Bass part and also check the transients are placed well. Hope this helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: