macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    Piano roll/hyper draw area...
    Hi folks. I'm using Logic 9.1.3, working on some midi, using Logic's instruments. Lately, I've encountered a weird little glitch: when I draw in pitch bend info in the hyper draw area (not the Hyper Editor), sometimes when I go to another track and then back to hyper draw, the pitch bend info I've already entered is invisible. The entire track will have gone back to 0, but when I play that track, the old pitch bend stuff is still there, only invisible. To further complicate things, the areas I haven't yet edited won't be set to 0, so it all sounds detuned (but at least it's detuned consistently for the unedited areas). I then have to click on the centre line (the supposedly 0'd line) which then shows up as whatever the new setting has become(+4, -3, etc.). Is Logic 9 a lot buggier than previous versions? I seem to encounter weird problems a lot more than in 8. Anyhow, any ideas would be appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Piano roll/hyper draw area...
    Hi sammydave! How are you viewing HyperDraw? In the Arrange area or in the Piano Roll? If the later, what link mode do you have selected? A lot of Logic users (myself included) have found Logic 9.1.3 to be a huge improvement on 8.0.2. It's much less buggy though there are occasional graphical glitches... Thanks R
  • Gorynui
    Hi there. I'm using HyperDraw within the Piano Roll, but I'm not sure what you mean by link mode.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Sammy, I mean are you sure you have the correct region in the Arrange selected? Make sure that the Link mode in the top left of the Piano Roll is set to Content Link. Just tested this out and can't replicate your issue btw. Let me know how you get on :) R
  • Gorynui
    Yeah, the Content Link mode is on, but I'm seeing a flat line at 0, as if no pitch info has been entered. But when I play the track, all my pitch-bending is audible. As a side note, in the Piano Roll link function, I only have the option of Content mode or off. I'm beginning to wonder if my copy of Logic 9 is screwed up. Do you think that's even possible? I've had a few unresolved issues since I upgraded from 8 last year. I'd assume that every pack of disks must be identical, so it makes more sense that the problem lies with the combination of programs on my computer...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy, The Piano Roll only has the "Content Link" and "No Link" options - so that wouldn't be a reason to assume your copy of Logic isn't right. If you have updated to 9.1.3 then you've got the latest copy... Can you post some screenshots of the Problem please? Also, do you get the same behaviour in a new project? Thanks Rounik
  • Gorynui
    I tried opening a new project, but haven't gotten the same results. However, this issue didn't occur in the original project until I had been working on it for several hours. In my test project, I used a variety of different instruments, including the one having the problem in the other project, but the issue hasn't repeated itself. The image I'm including shows the flatlined pitchbend info, but the info is still there, at least audibly.[img]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7234/nonpitchbend.png[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmm⦠this is odd. I wonder if you may have accidentally moved the pitch bend info from Hyper Draw to Track Automation. If you open the Event List do you see the pitch bend data for that region? :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    It's extremely unlikely that your copy of L9 is messed up (unless it's a bug within 9.1.3 that's causing this), and I would highly doubt that it has anything to do with interaction between Logic and other apps. My feeling is that this is more about operational error (hey, we all make mistakes, especially me!) or a bug. That said... I agree with Rounik that perhaps you've inadvertently moved p.bend to automation. There are other ways this could occur too. Is there any way you could post a link to your project? If you can, do the following: a) from the arrange window, delete all regions that aren't necessary to demonstrate the problem. b) do a "Save As..." and make sure the assets box is [i]unchecked[/i]. Save with a new name. c) Compress (zip) the file and link us to it.
  • Gorynui
    Okay, I just got in and was about to upload and send the link, when I realized that I'm now looking at the pitch-bend data. If I select more than one region, it messes up, but if I select a single region (which I'm betting is the recommended method), all is well. And everything seems to show up in the event list where it should be, so far as I know. Deep inside, I somehow think this should be a "d'oh!" moment, but I'm too tired to be concerned or embarrassed...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: