macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vasigiu
    Logic Express 9 - Maximum Inputs
    Folks, I apologize if I am asking a question that has already been address. However, I am considering moving from Cubase Studio 4 to Logic Express 9. Before doing so, I wish to know how many separate inputs it will recognize altogether. I happen to have LE7, which only allows 12 and therefore awkward with my Mackie Onyx 1620I mixer. Will LE9 present the same restriction? thanks Fred
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Express 9 - Maximum Inputs
    Hello Logic Express 9 inputs & welcome to the MPV forums! The number of inputs available in Logic Express 8 and 9 is only limited by the number of inputs available on your audio hardware now. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Vasigiu
    Very much so and thanks for responding. Fred
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Fred! Hope you enjoy Logic Express 9 and ask away here if you need any help... Oh, there's a couple of blog tutorials I wrote to help Logic beginners get started here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/complete-beginners-guide-apple-logic-9-part-1[/url] and Part 2: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/complete-beginners-guide-apple-logic-9-part-2[/url] Cheers! Rounik
  • Vasigiu
    You work with MacProVideo? I love the service, I am a subscriber. I've been toggling back and forth between Logic and Cubase tutorials for a couple weeks now. Excellent service; worth every penny I pay (and then some).
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fred, yes I do & thanks for your kind words :) Happy to know you're enjoying your macProVideo Pro Subscription! Keep checking the Blog area too... we've got some excellent audio, video, web and graphics Pro's contributing Quick tips, review and Full written tutorials there too! ... and of course we love to get questions and comments and chat on these forums too. Exciting times here at macProVideo :) Have a great day!
  • Vasigiu
    I love this service, are you one of the principals. I think it is worth every penny I pay (and then some). The material is presented very professionally and well produced.
  • Vasigiu
    You know I've decided to stick with Cubase. As such, I just ordered Cubase 6 being that it cost relatively little to upgrade. I figure most of these DAW programs probably do pretty much the same, and being that I've invested so much time into learning Cubase, I decided to build on what I already know, although very little but somewhat more than Logic. I'll tell you this however; I have been working along with the Cubase 101 - Core Cubase. I cannot believe the power of this software, even my outdated version. Absent the tutorial, I would have no clue how to use this software other than the basic syntax. I know I keep telling you how delighted I am with MacProVideo, but I really mean it. Please keep drumming out more tutorials about anything and everything under the sun. I would love to see more tutorials on how to engineer recording sessions, and how to arrange music. In fact is there a tutorial on the latter? I would appreciate some guidance on what instruments work well together, etc. Keep up the good work, you guys have a winner. Fred
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fred, Sounds like a good plan. If you're happy with Cubase then upgrading to version 6 seems like a good move! Thanks for the kind words. We're happy to know that you're happy with the tutorials! If you're interested in Mixing, then checking out the Pro Tools and Logic Mixing tutorials can be extremely helpful... at the end of day you can easily apply these Pro techniques to your music, whether that be in Cubase, Logic, PT or Live. Also check out the Studio & Recording Techniques area for software generic tuts too: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/studio+and+recording+techniques-suite[/url] In terms of more tuts you'd like to see, do drop a post in the "Suggested Training" sub-forum here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/suggested-training[/url] Let us know what genre and musical style you're interested in. Thanks! Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    I concur with Rounik. There's nothing wrong with staying with what you're already familiar with and moving up to the next version. Cheers!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: