macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Logic in 64-bit mode through Digidesign hardware
    Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I started recording with a digi 001 unit and Pro Tools LE. I switched to Logic a few years later, and now pretty much use Logic for everything and only use the Digidesign hardware. I keep having to update my pro tools for the drivers for my digi 002 unit, but otherwise everything up until now has been okay. And figured can't hurt to have pro tools on my system. current pro tools version 8.0.1 So finally upgraded to Snow Leopard, and decided to take Logic in 64 bit mode out for a spin. Sad surprise! Logic in 64 bit mode will not recognize the Digi 002. I'm guessing that's because digi (or I guess they're now Avid Audio), has not put out a 64-bit driver. Is there any workaround that anyone knows of to get Logic to recognize a digidesign interface? Thanks for any help you may be able to offer. best, M
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Logic in 64-bit mode through Digidesign hardware
    What happens when you put Logic into 32-bit mode. Does it recognize the Digi 002 then?
  • Rounik Admin
    I concur with Ski... try it in 32-bit mode, or ask Avid very nicely if they have 64-bit drivers in the works... or check out a different interface. There are some more highly regarded interfaces around now... and with Avid opening the door to 3rd party interfaces... well... your options have grown! :)
  • MorryNYC
    It's now working in 64-bit mode! It turns out that, even though my version of Pro Tools itself was telling me (if I ran the "software updater") that it was up to date, there were several new versions once you dug a little deeper at the AVID site. Once I installed the updated Pro Tools AND the new driver, everything seems to be working fine, even in 64 bit mode! Thanks for your recommendations. I have my eye on the apogee ensemble, but that's quite a chunk of change, so glad I'll be able to get some more use out of the ol' digi 002.
  • MorryNYC
    I'm going to go back and answer this, even though it's resolved, just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same boat. Yes and no. Yes, Logic worked with the interface in 32 bit mode (and not 64 bit mode) before I installed the new driver, and no, Logic wouldn't recognize the 002 in either 32 bit or 64 bit mode after I installed the new driver. Which was really a drag, because I thought I was going to just have to go back to 10.5.8 just to get everyone talking again. As I said below, Pro Tools, lovely program that it is, was telling me through it's own updater that 8.0.1 was the current version. Through some investigative gymnastics, I found out that there was an 8.0.4 available, and I downloaded that and installed it, and that is what made logic and the interface like each other again. Now everyone is talking and playing nice, even in 64-bit mode. Best wishes, M
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Mory! Funny that PT own updater didn't see it wasn't the latest version. At least the update has now fixed the Digi 002 and allowed it to be used in Logic's 64-bit mode! Best R
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Mory! Funny that PT own updater didn't see it wasn't the latest version. At least the update has now fixed the Digi 002 and allowed it to be used in Logic's 64-bit mode! Best R
  • MorryNYC
    yeah, very strange. I'm told that's not a big surprise with Avid, but yeah, at least I can keep my $2,000 for the Apogee for the time being...though I suppose eventually it's going to have to happen anyway.
  • Rounik Admin
    Well... I have a feeling you'll like the quality of the Apogee converters over the Digi 002 once you splash the cash. Either way... Enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: