macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Home Recording
    If your battling the amp you love at the volume you get your best tone while trying to keep the peace at home, this is a superb way to resolve your problems. [img]http://mojaveampworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/studio-03.jpg[/img] I use a system made by Clear Sonic for our Mojave Studio. It's a larger version but the principle is the same. Clear Sonic shows just how effective this is by showing you first hand with an amp cranked up as they start putting the sound unit around the amp. It's fairly small so don't get the idea they are all large. All the while you can watch the db meter in the lower left corner of the video as the amp is played loud, it shows the db levels and as the amplifier is enclosed it shows the resulting db volume. You Tube Clear Sonic or visit their site to learn about this product. You might see these often used for Churches as Drum Isolation booths or live acts tend to use them for drums for stage volume control. This is another shot of the set up I'm using which was originally built extra large for a trade show set up and is a modified Drum booth of sorts. [img]http://mojaveampworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/NewStudio1.jpg[/img] In the end, you can actually get some good sound and in my set up, you can spot the top Neumann which I actually use as a room mic since the top is not baffled and offers reflective surface. I'm also looking through the front for the photo so it to is left un baffled and makes for a reflective surface. For total and maximum quieting, use the absorb pads to soak up all the sound. I originally didn't do that for the trade show for people to see in but you can add them from top to bottom and all the way around. My booth is 9 Feet long by 6 feet wide and 6 feet 5 inches tall. I get in and out with one of the panels as a side door. It has a hinge and handle. The top just lays on and you can set it up or take it down with two people in 30 mins. A smaller unit would take all of 5 mins with one person. Hope that helps you guys who are frustrated guitar players! Victor Mason
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Home Recording
    Excellent tip for guitarists Victor!! Nice and thanks for the pics too :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: