macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Steff
    Bounce problem
    Hi everybody, I'm having a hard time bouncing my song. Shouldn't I have the exact same sound when I listen through logic and when I listen to my file in the finder, or with wave editor? The eq is really different, the basse is clipping like hell. I use the same sound interface, same volume, same head phones, etc. When I listen through Logic the master is at O. I've no idea what's going on. Somebody can help? What did I do wrong?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bounce problem
    Hi Steff, What audio format did you bounce to? Thanks R
  • Steff
    Hi Rounik, I bounced in: aiff 16 bits 44100 interleaved dithering : none
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steff, What sample rate is your Logic project running at? Also, how hot are your levels in Logic? Logic's internal audio engine is at floating 32-bit which provides more dynamic room than a 16bit 44.1 audio file... When mixing make sure that your tracks are not running too hot and your Stereo Output is not clipping or going into the red. Even if you don't hear distortion in Logic, it might be translated as such.... Also, if your project is using 24bit audio files make sure to either bounce to 24-bit or use dithering for a 16-bit end product audio file. Cheers R
  • Steff
    Hi Rounik, I think I found what the problem was. I have a Motu ultralite. When the finder reads the sound file, and routes it to the Motu, the sound is distorded. When I read it with Wave Editor, set to Built-in-output, it is routed to the Motu all the same but distorded. When set to Ultralite, the sound is just fine. And when I read with the finder with my headphones plugged directly in the MacBook Pro, the sound is fine too. So it's only distorded when read as a system sound and routed to the Motu. I got mistaken because with Wave Editor, I was listening to the sound with the Motu although it was set to built-in-output, which I didn't check for I was actually hearing it. How weird is that? Something has changed in the Motu drivers with snow leopard. If I had set my system audio configuration not to play the system sounds through my Motu that wouldn't have happened. But I still think it's very bizarre. What do you think? Thanks Stéphane
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, that is pretty weird! But it sounds like you've found the issue and it's related to the MOTU... and I imagine that if Wave Editor is set to output through Built-in Output which then routed to MOTU there;s something funky going on in that part of the signal chain... Can't explain it - but the solution makes sense :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: