macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    pluggins
    does any one no a good pluggin to make sting instrument sounds? im tryin to create a irish kinda fiddle/violin sound and also want to create a spanish kinda guitar sound? ive played with the insruments in the exs and they dont sound right
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: pluggins
    You're probably going to have to buy some other libraries. It's really hard to recommend which ones because we don't know what your music sounds like. But for starters, check out "Gypsy" which contains some really great violin articulations. As far as guitar, what do you mean by "Spanish"? Are you talking about Flamenco?
  • drusif
    im goin for a tech house kinda track. where can i purchase gypsy from and then wat do i do once i bought it, i.e where do i load it to use in logic? not sure about flamence, ill give the gypsy ago first and see how i get on thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi drusif, Ski's recommendation (Gypsy) is a Virtual Instrument by East West. You can buy it from any major Pro Audio retailer... so for example, my local place is here: [url]http://www.dv247.com/computer-music-software/east-west-quantum-leap-gypsy-virtual-instrument-sound-module--38333[/url] There should be full instructions on how to install it... but basically once installed you access it as you would any Instrument by creating a Software Instrument track and click on the top slot of the I/O section. From the pop-up menu you'll find it towards the bottom of the menu. Hope that helps R
  • Peter Schwartz
    Drusif, Flamenco is a Spanish musical style which is characterized by very rhythmically-tight, virtuosic guitar playing. The strumming style is particularly distinctive. So when you mentioned Spanish-style guitar I was wondering if that's what you were going for. Gypsy's got some great violin samples, but FWIW, there's a bit of a learning curve with it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: