macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jimandroz
    Having trouble with midi connection
    Hi, I set up on instrument on the track hoping to use my midi keyboard. I'm not getting anything. I have plug in the computer, is it supposed to be in the midi interface? Also, I am using the earphones, are these supposed to be in my speakers? Help would be appreciated. Thanks Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Having trouble with midi connection
    Hi Roz, How have you get your MIDI Keyboard connected to your Edirol? What is your MIDI Keyboard? What do you want to achieve? Do you... 1. want to play the internal sounds from your MIDI Keyboard through Logic? or 2. want to use your MIDI Controller to trigger sounds from Logic's instruments? Thanks Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Re: Having trouble with midi connection
    1. I want to use your MIDI Controller to trigger sounds from Logic's instruments. 2. I have the edirol midi keyboard connected to the port in the front of my computer. and, my earphones in the speaker. 3. I set up the sound on the track with sounds from garage band. I can enable the record button, but no sound is picking up. Thanks for help. Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi RoZ So you're using a Software Instrument track? When you press a key on the midi controller do you see the midi data coming in to Logic (in the Transport bar)? Have you tried the steps in this blog article? http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/troubleshooting-logic-101-hear-audio-heres Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Also follow the steps here too: http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/complete-beginners-guide-apple-logic-9-part-1
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: