macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mr. BBA
    Logic: Coordinating Arrange and Mixer Windows
    Hey Ski, So how do i get my mixer and my arrange window to be in sync in every way. Currently the order of my tracks in the arrange window is one way while in the mixer its completely different. The same is true for my track colors. I want everything I do to a track in the arrange window to correspond to the mixer, whether its order or color, so I don't have to do multiple steps more than once - any ideas?
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Logic: Coordinating Arrange and Mixer Windows
    Hey Mr. B! I believe all you have to do is click on the Arrange button in the Mixer and the track order will change to reflect what's going on in your arrangement. Try that out and see if that works. As far as colors, someone else will have to help you with that because I rarely use colors.
  • Mr. BBA
    Hey Ski, that worked with regard to the track order. Who can i ask about colors?
  • Rounik Admin
    Did someone call? ...I'll only talk about colours in Logic if we spell it the British English way (with a "u") ;-) OK. Seriously, have you assigned the track colour bars to the tracks? Try this: 1. Right-click on any track header in the Arrange area's Track List. From the pop-up menu choose: "Configure track Header". 2. Make sure "Track Colour Bars" is ticked. 3. Select a track header without selecting the regions (Option-click the track header). 4. Choose View > Colours... (from the Arrange area's local menu) Select a colour from the Colour palette to assign a colour to that track. 5. Open the Mixer and you should see the colours are duplicated on the corresponding Channel Strips: [img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9276/screenshot20110228at180.png[/img] Hope that helps Rounik
  • Mr. BBA
    Hey Rounik, Thanks for the tip - I was aware of that option but my issue is more mainly concerned with having the arrange and mixer windows linked properly. For instance, when I'm working, sometimes I don't start dealing with the colors until after I've put a lot of material down. Once I gotten a bulk of work done I start organizing the colors and stuff. My question then is - is there a way to configure the mixer colors to the track colors. Meaning lets say I've colored all the regions in each track a certain way and then i want the mixer to reflect that, how can I do that in that order?
  • Rounik Admin
    HEY MR.BBA, I see what you mean. You can still use points 3-5 above... making sure to select the track and then deselect the regions and then assign the color to the track header. The corresponding channel strip in the Mixer will follow the colour. Try it out in a project you're already running... Let me know if that helps R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: