macProVideo.com
Forums
  • edgy
    some assistance and guidance please
    I've been trying to build this chord memorizer for almost 2 weeks and I'm just spinning my wheels in progression. Please, I need guidance to accomplish this. The video shown here has a chord memorizer I'd like to duplicate to use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5CZtHCJjQ however I can only figure out a few steps but Im willing to do the foot work to make it whole. I don't understand how the drop down selector is configured and the right component to use to make it work, and instead of using the chord memorizer template keyboard use a midi keyboard the route settings. This template can really speed up my process. Please help me understand the mapping/process to building this template, I started in clicks and ports but get confused with the routing and how to create the drop down selector and how to add each step then route it through the arp...??? some assistance and guidance please.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: some assistance and guidance please
    Hi edgy, Don't know why you're looking on YouTube when the best Logic Environment tricks are right here on MPV!! ;-) Check out Logic TNT1: (video 63) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks[/url] and Logic TNT2 (video 56-58): [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8303tnt2[/url] Hope this helps Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    I took a reeeeeeal quick look at that video and I didn't see where he described how to make all that happen. I also haven't seen the tutorials. So what am I doing here?!?!? Oh, right... What he's done is created a [b]cable switcher[/b] that receives input from the [b]Physical Input's[/b] "SUM" output. Then he created a bunch of [b]chord memorizers[/b], each with a different kind of chord 'quality' as it's called. By connecting the outputs of the cable switcher to the different chord memorizers, you can switch from one chord quality to another. And the reason he has a drop-down menu is because he changed the [b]style[/b] parameter of the cable switcher to "text". Once you do that you can double-click on the cable-switcher-disguised-as-a-text-object and enter names to describe each chord quality for each chord memorizer.
  • edgy
    yep your right but this is the one I'd like to use, using chords the way it's set up:) it may be a simple set up to you, and I do enjoy mvp however the clarity in variations aren't always easy to grasp. Before I asked on the forum for help I tried all known avenues in the attempt to follow this through as a personal test, I even referred to the ones you suggested before I consulted to the forum. I am thankful and still use the tutorials, however when their is something more custom to my liking I'd like to try, I just thought I'd ask for guidance and clarity to this cause I was highly confused and the tutorials don't cover style parameter text.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy!!! No probs... that's what the forums are here for. Well, I checked out the video you posted today and all of the features, including cable switchers, etc are covered in the TNTs and Peter's post explains it perfectly too :) Do let us know if you need any further help or have any questions about it. Best Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    Edgy, Do you have the Logic manual? Also, what version of Logic are you running?
  • edgy
    Peter's post? I'm not familiar with this one
  • edgy
    yes pdf, 9.1.3
  • edgy
    thank you so much I will go through each step thoroughly and try to piece it together
  • Peter Schwartz
    I'm Peter, but I go by "Ski" here on the forum (and elsewhere in life). Please DO post here if you have any questions about how to do stuff in the Environment. Myself, Rounik, and Steve H. are all totally into the environment and could probably help you out with any questions that might arise. Cheers, Ski (Peter)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: