macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: some assistance and guidance please
    Hi edgy, So, I just quickly created a simple outline of the Chord Memorizer style environment you're looking for. In creating it, I realised that all the details are in fact in SteveH's Logic TNT1, 2 and 3. Indeed the environment shown in that YouTube video isn't complex - it's just cable switchers and cables and objects. There's lots of room to make it more interesting and improvement it... and if you check out the Random Generator chapter which I did in the TNT2 and all of the arpeggiator sections by Steve you'll be able to make something more complex with more control over the the arpeggiator... It's really worth spending some time with these videos. Really - they're gold. Of course, so is Peter and Ski... ;-) and I jest not... and don't tell him this... but I've learned a lot er... I am still learning a lot... from looking at some of his environments. Anyway, here's a Skeleton starter environment for the Chord memorizer... you'll need to add more chord memorizer objects and set them up as desired. [url]http://www.box.net/shared/nafg20hkka[/url] Thanks :) Rounik
  • edgy
    THX:)
  • edgy
    thx:)
  • edgy
    how do i rename the cable switcher a drop-down menu?
  • edgy
    each time i try to add text to the field for cable switcher... cause im adding more chord mems it's not taking the text for the drop down. is their something i can do to add text to the drop down or do i have a bug preventing me to add more drop down text? i type the text in press enter and it goes back to blank.
  • Rounik Admin
    First create cables from the switcher to the chord memorized objects. Now count the number of objects you have connected. Let's say there are 10 outputs from cable switcher. Cluck on cable switcher. In Inspector set the range to accommodate the no. Of outputs. E.g. 0 to 10.
  • edgy
    follow each step. still doing the same. when i click on the cable switcher the the inspector comes up. i go to the next available slot click and it allows me to type text, i add text then enter and it stilljust disappears. ???!!!?!? is there another inspector im not using?
  • Rounik Admin
    The Inspector us on the left side if the environment window. There you can set the MIDI values etc. You need to adjust the range to accommodate the number of objects you have cabled from the output of the cable switcher.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Suggest that you take things one step at a time... Create the cable switcher, hook it up to the chord memorizers, etc. and make sure everything works first. Then set the style to Text and do your naming.
  • edgy
    hey thx alot i was able to move forward i've been doing the tedious process if adding chords sequences into the memorizer ABCDEF# bflat all that stuff. right now i'm tying to figure out something... i created a nice drum beat in exs24 using the 70'skit a while ago. now i'd like to use it, it sounds great but... i have no control over it, it an instrument in 1 trk. i want to multi-out ea. inst. to gain more mixing control. when i created it, i just banged it out using my padkontrol and did some editing in hyper editor/gm. i realized now i should 've multi aux'd out and built the beat that way. what i'm trying to do now is separate the 70's kit beat as is. it's gonna be another long night. :\ thx for the support you advice did help. :?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: