macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jserafi
    Kontakt 2 not showing up in Logic 8!
    Hi there I'm trying to load Kontakt 2 into Logic 8 and i do have the latest version of it. I've searched all over the internet but all i can find are threads which assume kontakt 2 already shows up in the i/o box of logic 8. In my case that is not happening so i would like somebody to explain simply how i actually get kontakt 2 to actually show up in logic 8 so that i can begin loading sounds into it for use in my music! Thanks so much in advance!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Kontakt 2 not showing up in Logic 8!
    Hi jserafi, What version of OSX are you running? If you're not able to find Kontakt 2 then check in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Unit Manager that Kontakt 2 is listed and enabled. Let me know how you get on. :) R
  • jserafi
    Hi Rounik thanks for the help. I have the 10.6.6 running and i have checked the audio units manager in logic pro. Kontakt 2 is not listed which would explain why it's not there. I remember using it on my previous mac though and it was listed fine. Also i've checked the components folder under plug-ins and it's not there either. The strange thing is that it IS installed on the computer because i use kontakt 2 with garritan personal orchestra in Sibelius 6. Any ideas what to do next? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey jserafi, So, perhaps you haven't either installed the Audio Unit version of Kontakt 2 (which resides in the Components folder) and have the VST version only... or you don't have the latest version of Kontakt 2 player: 2.2.4 btw, have you checked in the main HD/Library/... Component/ and your User/Library/...Component/ folders? When you used it on your previous Mac, what Mac was it, what version of OSX and what version of Logic? You could also try trashing your Audio Units cache and launching Logic again: *Your Home Folder*/library/caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache and *Your Home Folder*/library/caches/Logic/* Let me know if any of this helps Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    Just checking... can you even run Kontakt 2 on a 10.6.6 system?
  • Rounik Admin
    well, it's a good point - and one I was just investigating ... looks like Kontakt 2.2.4 does not work standalone under 10.6.x - and necessitates an upgrade to Kontakt 4... but the OP has stated it worked fine in Sibelius...
  • jserafi
    yes it does work fine in Sibelius 6 but it's not necessarily working as a stand alone is it if it's running native to a piece of software?
  • Peter Schwartz
    Ah, missed that part (sorry, I tend to glaze over when I read Sibelius. It's a personal problem, I know. I'll see someone about it just as soon as I post this). In that case, let's make sure the OP is looking in the right place for it. - create a software instruments - click/hold on the slot to select an instrument - find the Native Instruments folder - find Kontakt 2
  • Rounik Admin
    Peter, Kontakt 2 is not showing up in the Audio Units Manager in Logic - and the AU is not in the Components folder... so I'd really suggest following the steps I laid out in my post above... ( I understand the stand alone version is not working that Sibelius was using the plugin version - but perhaps it uses VST and not Audio Units?) Thanks R
  • Peter Schwartz
    fixed my post
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: