macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Kontakt 2 not showing up in Logic 8!
    awww... that's cheating ;-) Well, I've fixed my post now too!
  • jserafi
    Yes i'm looking in the right place. i've done as you said and created a software instrument. In the slot i've tried to find the 'native instruments folder' but it's not there...neither is kontakt 2. Argh this is frustrating! I'm assuming since it's not showing in the audio units manager it's not installed into logic but the question is how do i do this? As i said it's working in Sibelius 6 fine but the gap in my knowledge seems to be setting it up in logic (so we're back to my original problem i think?!) Thanks for your help guys!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Don't know if you missed my post above ("Mar 6th, 2011 @ 10:00am PST") about trashing the audio unit cache? Please try this too... Let me know if it helps. (make sure Logic is closed first).
  • jserafi
    Yes I've tried to do it but I don't have a cache folder!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi jserafi, You really should find a cache file!! Here is a pic from my system that shows the file and the path to reach the file is at the bottom of the Finder window... Now of course, you'll need to substitute my user name with your account user name on your Mac: [img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4286/screenshot20110306at220.png[/img] Hope this helps R
  • jserafi
    hi there Rounik I've tried what you suggested (yes i found the cache and trashed it thanks to your helpful picture!). Opened logic but still the same. No native instruments folder and no kontakt 2. Hmm.... Still no further forward :0(
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey, Sorry to hear that... The important thing to note, is that if it does not appear in the Audio Units Manager then will never find it in Logic's instrument/plug-in menu. So, if you definitely can't find the Kontakt2 file in the components folder, then you need to install Kontakt2 again. You need to install the Audio Units version of Kontakt2. Also, do make sure you are running Logic Pro 8.0.2... Have you done all the latest software updates on your Mac? Ski and I both mentioned before that Kontakt 2 isn't officially supported on OSX 10.6.x machines. So it might come to needing to upgrade to the latest version of Kontakt... But do check you have fully installed Kontakt 2 first as if there is no Kontakt file in the components folder then you don't have the correct files in order to run it in Logic. :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: