macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cefnfaes
    Upgrading to Ivory Grand Pianos 2 in Logic 9
    I've been updating Synthogy Grand Pianos 1 to Version 2, a long, several hour-long task, but accomplished without difficulty, except for one problem. It works in Standalone very well- big improvement on version 1- but when I open Logic 9 in my current project, the previous plug-in, Version 1 of Grand Pianos, has a cross through it, and is "no longer available". Fine, except that when I went through the i/o route, Version 2 is nowhere to be found ! The license for Ivory 2 is showing up on my iLok, and during the upgrade, I did not change the destination of the new files, which overwrite the old ones. I a writing to Time+Space, but meanwhile, if anyone has the solution, I'd be most grateful for any advice. Many thanks Cefnfaes Logic 9.1.3; Mac Quad core intel Xeon; 10.6.6
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Upgrading to Ivory Grand Pianos 2 in Logic 9
    Hi Cefnfaes Thanks for posting this in a new thread :) check in the main HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Component/ and your User/Library/...Component/ folders for the Ivory Grand component file. This is basically the plugin file (audio unit) that runs within Logic. You could also try trashing your Audio Units cache and launching Logic again: *Your Home Folder*/library/caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache and *Your Home Folder*/library/caches/Logic/* Before doing all that... Open Logic and check in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Unit Manager that Kontakt 2 is listed and enabled. Also are you running Logic 9.1.3 in 64 bit or 32 bit mode? Thanks rounik
  • Cefnfaes
    OK- I've checked the mainHD..../Component, and found "Ivory Music Device v2.01" listed, which would appear to be what I'm looking for, though according to the text just above this, it was created Sept.2010, and modified on the same day. No mention of yesterday's date. I've also checked the home library/Audio, the only ref. to Synthogy is in a folder called Presets. Here there is a folder called Synthogy, and inside that, another (single) folder called Ivory, but it is empty. I have not yet trashed my audio units cache. In view of what I've written above, would you still recommend this ? Finally, I have opened Logic, checked in Preferences>Audio Unit Manager that Kontakt 2 is listed, though I wonder what Kontakt has to do with Ivory 2 ? Was this "a slip of the pen" ? At any rate, it s not listed, and neither is Ivory 2. I'm hoping that these startling discoveries will enable you to advise me further ! Thanks Rounik! Cheers ! Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Cefnfaes, Oops... Yes Kontakt was a slip of the finger!! Ok... So have you definitely got the correct/latest version or update for Ivory? Also, are you running Logic in 64 bit or 32 bit mode? The fact it is not appearing in the AU Manager window means Logic is not recognising it - so it's either not a compatible version with Logic 9 or I suspect something to do with 64 bit mode. let me know the above. Thanks R
  • Cefnfaes
    Sorry - I forgot the bit-mode question- actually I can't remember how to tell, but I suspect I'm in 64 bit, because when I'm using VSL, I have to have the 32 bit audio bridge in operation. I'm afraid I may have to ask you to remind me how to answer your question. Thanks
  • Cefnfaes
    It's OK -I've been looking at the Finder, and found that my clicking on Logic Pro, then "more info", I get to see a window where I can choose whether I want to open in 32 bit. That 32 bit box has not been checked, so clearly I'm operating in 64 bit, unless, presumably, I'm using a vsl plug-in. Cefnfaes
  • Cefnfaes
    Rounik- I've just noticed your question about updates. Yes, I updated Ivory yesterday- no problems there I'm afraid. Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Cefnfaes Thanks for the extra info. Try running Logic in 32-bit mode. This should work. If not, stay in 32 bit mode, quit logic, trash your Audio Unit Preferences... and redraft your Mac... (don't worry - Logic will scan and rebuild the list of audio units once you relaunch Logic) :) Rounik
  • Cefnfaes
    I have just opened Logic in 32 bit mode, and immediately was able to access the Ivory Grand pianos inside Logic !! And even my VSL plugins work too, which leaves me completely baffled - what is the purpose of this 32 bit bridge, that regularly quits (during rest breaks)if I need to operate Logic 9 in 32 bit mode? I have studied the advantages of 64 bit, saving a lot of processing power and enabling a greater number of instruments to be instantiated, but presumably the 64 bit capability is of no use to me unless I use 64 bit applications ? I have just seen your suggestion above, by the way - so you were spot on with your advice ! But having now solved the problem, I would love to be enlightened regarding my previous set-up - 64 bit and 32 bit audio bridge. Best wishes Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, 32 bit unit bridge is really there to serve as an interim until 3rd party manufacturers release all their plugins as 64 bit compatible... Unfortunately, it's not down to Apple or Logic when that happens... I've heard that VSL causes 32bit bridge to crash, whichbisnreally unfortunate. Best I can suggest is to contact the developers directly to encourage the to release 64 bit versions asap. In the meantime, it looks like the best solution for youbto switch between 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Logic depending on the instruments you wish to use. Let us know if you find a better solution or get an interesting reply from these developers. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: