macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cefnfaes
    Re: Upgrading to Ivory Grand Pianos 2 in Logic 9
    OK, but switching between two versions - 64 and 32, would not be practical in any one project (if that project contains both 32 and 64 bit plugins) would it ? If I've understood you correctly, whilst I'm using any plugins which are 32 bit (such as Ivory), I have to open Logic in 32 bit mode, even if there are 64 bit plugins there as well. Is that correct ? Actually, don't use any 64 bit plugins. But what would I do if either Ivory, or vsl (but not both simultaneously) changed to 64 bit ? Of course vsl do an application called Vienna Ensemble Pro. I find their description of this very difficult to understand (which is why I haven't bought it) but have the impression that it will run a mixture of 64 bit and 32 bit applications. I wonder if that is your understanding ? Good wishes Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Cefnfaes, It definitely sounds more practical to use Logic in 32-bit mode for the time being. No need to switch back to 64-bit if none of your plugins will take advantage of this mode. If they are then I'd personally bounce the 32-bit plugins to audio and run Logic in 64-bit mode .... ONLY if I needed to make use of a 64-bit plugin that would require more than 4GB ram. You should be able to find Ivory (32 bit version) in 64bit Logic... not sure why that's not appearing though... Check out these free videos on 64-bit Logic if you haven't already done so: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic107[/url] 64-bit mode basically allows Logic, Logic's internal plugins and compatible 64bit plugins to access more than 4GB of ram (if your Mac has more of course). Yup... re: VSL - VEP... that was my understanding. But I don't use it. I can do some research and see what I can find out if you like. Cheers Rounik
  • Cefnfaes
    I would be very interested in what you can find out about VEP. Would you like me to start a new thread in this? Perhaps with the question "Why would I want Vienna Ensemble Pro ?" Because that's actually the question I'd most like to be answered ! I love vsl - it's just fantastic, even in the Special Edition and Special Edition Plus - but though they have improved their web site and documentation recently, there is a desperate need (which has been voiced by vsl users for some time) for some really good tutorials. Tutorials of the sort that I have seen from you for example. And speaking of tutorials, yes I have seen Steve H's very good videos on 64 bit Logic, and other subjects. Cheers ! Cefnfaes
  • Peter Schwartz
    Yes, please start a new thread on the subject of VEP and I'll chime in with what I know and my experience with it.
  • Anand
    i Just saw this thread. I installed Ivory II few days back. I dont see it in 64 bit mode but i see it in the AU manager in 32 bit mode. But how do i access this plug in. I checked through the channel strip insert but in the Audio units i do see Ivory. Am i doing something wrong. really appreciate a response.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: