macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    no output while recording
    Hello, while recording I can't hear the audio instrument when recording is selected or while recording but when you listen to it back it's loud. While the record button is selected any decrease in input level has no effect on output. Also I noticed that most the backup files are written in code such as apple signs upside down question marks and other symbols. Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: no output while recording
    1) to hear audio as you're recording it, turn on software monitoring in your project preferences. But be forewarned that what you hear may sound late if your buffer setting is set too high. 2) not sure what you mean by "written in code" with the strange symbols. Do you mean that's how they appear when you look at the files in a Finder window? If that's the case, post a screenshot.
  • dynamicalan
    Thanks Ski. Yes that's what I mean, while looking at the file names in the finder. I will post a screen shot. Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    Cool. When you post back, please also list your system specs, i.e., what computer, which version of OSX, and what version of Logic.
  • dynamicalan
    Ski, I upgraded to Snow Leopard from OS 10.4.11 The version of Snow Leopard is 10.6.6 The version of Logic I use is 10.4.11. I uploaded the files to www.sendspace.com I can't delete the other posts that I did before this one. http://www.sendspace.com/file/6f7572 http://www.sendspace.com/file/477aha http://www.sendspace.com/file/g75ljv Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    Thanks for the info. But there is no 10.4.11 version of Logic. Highest is 9.1.3. Please post back with the version number.
  • dynamicalan
    Ski, that is OS 10.4.11 to 10.6.6 and Logic 8.0.2. I was using Logic 10.4.11 and I upgraded to OS 10.6.6 but the version I Logic I use is Logic 8.0.2 Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    I looked at your screenshots and... Ouch! I've never seen anything like that before. I really don't know what to advise. Hopefully someone else can chime in and offer you some assistance.
  • dynamicalan
    Ski, thanks for taking a look. Alan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: