macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nitygua
    waveburner matching levels of tracks
    What would you suggest as the best way to balance the levels of different tracks for creating a CD in WaveBurner? On all my masters I used a limiter as the final plug-in using the the same settings on every track, however there is still some variation in the volume of the different tracks. Can I balance that out in WB? Thanks, John
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: waveburner matching levels of tracks
    Two things... 1) WB has level controls that you can set for each song. 2) Lay up all of your 2-mixes in a fresh Logic session with no plugins. Stereo Output at zero dB. Lay them up sequentially and use either track automation or the region's gain function to adjust the levels accordingly. Then re-export each song except those which you end up leaving at unity gain (no volume change) and lay them up in WB. Now you don't have to make any adjustments in WB. I think you'll find that #2 is a much easier way to fly.
  • Nitygua
    That sounds good, but to clarify...in Logic, would I then bounce each region? I haven't exported before, so I'm unclear on how to do that.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Yes, you would bounce (or export) each region. Bouncing and exporting are really the same, save for the different options you get with the respective dialogs that come up for each. One thing you don't want to do if you choose to bounce is "normalize". Make sure that's definitely off.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: