macProVideo.com
Forums
  • llear
    Transfer tracks to w/plugins to another Logic song
    HI everyone, I am sharing a session with my buddy in NYC. I sent him a rough stereo mix in logic pro and he blew over it with (sax,Trumpet,Flute,etc). How can I import his tracks with plugins to my master song? I hope this clear. thanks in advance. PS. we have the same plugins.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Transfer tracks to w/plugins to another Logic song
    Why not just have him send you his project file? Have him save it "with assets" (but only check off the items that are absolutely necessary), zip up the file, and have him FTP it to you.
  • llear
    Geting close. I have both sessions on my drive How do I (export,drag) tracks from one song to another?
  • Rounik Admin
    If you're using Logic 9, then you can use the Selective Import Feature: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/project-project-import-features-logic-9[/url] This is much easier than opening two projects simultaneously and copying and pasting between them. Hope that helps R
  • Peter Schwartz
    Indeed! Besides, having more than one project open at a time is not a good idea.
  • llear
    we are using logic 8.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi llear... Well then I'd go through your friends project and save channel strip settings for every track. Take a screenshot to help. Then in your project rebuild the tracks and channel strip settings. Next, open up both projects and then copy and paste regions from one to the other. Cheers R
  • Peter Schwartz
    Agreed... Here's my suggested procedure, which is a little different from what Rounik suggested (with apologies)... Save channel strips for each of your friend's tracks as Rounik suggested. I take it that your friend played acoustic instruments? If so, then he's provided you with audio tracks and in that case, while you're in his project, select all of the audio [b]regions[/b] in the arrange page and CMD-C copy. Now those audio tracks are in the clipboard. Close that project out completely without saving. Open YOUR version of the project and create the requisite number of channel strips for your friend's parts. While you do this, do not use CMD-X or CMD-C, as it will blow out the clipboard. Once you're done setting up the channels, use the command "paste at original position", not CMD-V. Voila, those audio regions will now be in your version of the song.
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh nice! I like that method Ski... "Paste at original position" is going to make everything a lot smoother than my suggested method. :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    I just absolutely love paste-at-original-position. I rarely ever use CMD-V. The amount of time I save by using... Wait, I'm not going to say any more. I'm going to write a quick tip on this. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, cuz then they'll know what's coming! Oh, um, er...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: