macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    Using Logic 9 and pro tools 9
    This possibly is a loaded question, but here goes. Are there advantages in knowing how to use Logic 9 and Pro Tools 9? Pro Tools is ubiquitous as we all know, but I am a Logic user. Here's more: Can one use both on a Macpro intel duo core 2.66 with 12 gigs RAM? Can one use the apogee ensemble without any glitches with pro tools 9? I keep thinking I "should" know Pro Tools. Am I wrong? Sorry, I know this is a weighted down, so to speak, post, but I am very curious to learn what I can about these topics. So, thanks for your indulgence! SG
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Using Logic 9 and pro tools 9
    It depends... If you're looking to make your living a an engineer, or in post-production (film, TV, etc.) then certainly you should learn PT. So unless you have a pressing career or creative need to learn it, you can do just fine to stick with Logic. And I'd offer that advice regardless of what DAW someone was currently using. But every tool has its advantages and disadvantages (and "feel") compared to every other one, so hey, why not check out some tutorials on the subject. Small investment in $$$ and time and then you can judge for yourself. Oh, wait, um, really, I'm not an MPV salesman, but you know... while you're here and everything... : - )
  • Tenogyi
    Re: Using Logic 9 and pro tools 9
    Thanks. I will check out the pro tools tutorials. I didn't think of that, and you didn't have to sell me anything because I already have a subscription!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: