macProVideo.com
Forums
  • lance_st
    setting record level problem
    I have logic 8 and i find when i record it is always overloading the interface output in my apogee duet. I record at -12 db and even simple drum loops seem to red line when played back. I watch the levels on the interface and also use a plug in on each track when recording to make sure the levels are not over -12 db. After I listen to the tracks of guitar and drum loop ir is overloading the apogee output. How can this be happening Help plz. macbook pro 2.4 ghz intel 4 gb ram apogee duet.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: setting record level problem
    Not sure what you mean about using a plugin on each track when recording to make sure the levels are not over -12dB. Is it that you're using this plugin on an input channel strip? Because unless you are, no plugins on the channel you're recording to will have any bearing on the actual recorded level. So can you explain/clarify what you're doing? Next... Do you have any plugins on Output 1/2 when you're tracking? Finally, out of curiosity, why are you trying to record everything so that it peaks at -12dB?
  • lance_st
    Re: setting record level problem
    Theres a metering insert in logic under utility. I use it as a reference to make sure im not clipping when recording each channel and i also watch the level on my input channel when recording on the apogee duet interface but it seems to not be helping. I use no plug ins in main 1 and 2 outputs. I tried recording at -12 because im getting clipping showing on the apogee duet outputs after i mix. What is the best way to make sure input levels are not clipping when recording, and how can i stop the interface from clipping ? It seems ever channel is recorded without clipping but when i combine the channels to listen in logic after they are recorded even the drum loops from media browser can clip in logic outputs and on output on apogee duets interface. I will see it red line on the utility metering tool in logic too.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: