macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Curobee
    Help!!! I need to align all tracks.
    It's kinda difficult to explain but i try my best. I have a project with several tracks. The track 3 was blended nicely with the track 2. Because track 3 had the beginner little distorted i decided to record the same song of track 3 on track 4 just to have the beginning of the song and then later on aligning it. Apparently i never aligned the beginning, so i kept recording/and blending the rest of the project from track 4. Now, if i try to syncronize the part i needed from track 4 to track 3, the rest of the project is offbeats. Is there a way that i can preserve the mixes of the projects by moving all of them to the left with one single click? Does anyone know if the solution i can find in the video tutorials of logic?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Help!!! I need to align all tracks.
    Hi King Solo I'm not sure I understand why you didn't record directly onto track 3 and use the Take Folder feature... But, you can use the "nudge" key command to nudge the selected region(s) by a certain amount. Alternatively you can use the "delay" function for the selected region in the Region Parameters area of the Inspector. Hope this helps Rounik p.s. what do you mean by "blended"? Do you mean "mixed"?
  • Curobee
    Yes Rounik, by blend I mean mix. Thanks for the tip. Can you please tell me how to nudge the tracks? It's a mix tape that I created by laying all the songs to each track. When I recorded the same song on track 4 was for the purpose to grab the beginning of it and replace with the one of track 3, I totally forgot to do it. So instead of contuining to record and mix from track 3, I did it from track 4. Hope this help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi King Solo, well, when working with audio waveforms (audio regions) it might be easier to zoom right in and manually drag the region(s) to re-position them... Anyway, here's one way - assuming you've got multiple regions on one track and you wish to move all regions by the same amount 1. Open the Key Commands window: (Option-K) 2. Type: nudge into the search field. A LOT of different nudge commands appear. 3. Make sure you have assigned a suitable KC for Nudge region/event position Right (and LEFT) by Nudge value. 4. Scroll down to the "Set Nudge value by..." commands. Here you can see the kc's for setting the nudge value by tick, division, beat, bar, sample, etc. 5. Close the key commands window and use the appropriate set nudge value (e.g. set it to "Samples". 6. Turn off Cycle mode and click on the track header. This will select all regions on the track. 7. Now use the key commands to nudge the selected regions left/right by the nudge value. Hope this helps Rounik p.s. I just re-read your post, so perhaps you don't need to nudge / line-up track 3 and 4 to the same start point or where the waveforms begin... In which case if you need to replace the beginning of the region on track 4 with 3 it's even easier... I'd still recommend lining the two tracks up using the method above... then: switch the drag mode (in the top right of the Arrange area) to No Overlap. Cut the region on track 3 and drag it onto the beginning of track 4. Next position the mouse cursor between the two regions on track 4 (at the top of regions). The pointer should turn into a Junction tool Drag left/right to adjust where one region begins and the other ends. Remember that a region is only a window display of the original audio file. resizing, cutting and deleting sections in the Arrange are does NOT delete the actual audio content, so if you make a mistake simply drag out to resize the region again. :)
  • Curobee
    Thanks Rounik, I'll definetely try your method soon as I get back home. Btw, is there a way that I can nudge multiple tracks? For example, if I try you suggestion, do I have to select from track 1 to track 3 and than drag them? Or is there another alternative? I'm not sure if this is the right definition, but when you move multiple tracks at the same time, isn't it called "to lock"?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi King Solo, Sure! Remember it's not about nudging tracks (in this case)... It's about nudging regions on the tracks. So simply shift-click on the regions you wish to nudge and then use the nudge commands :) Well, interesting you should ask this question. It's a feature of Groups in Logic - where you can choose to have edits on a grouped channel/track replicated on all other tracks in that group. It's perfect when you want to edit multiple tracks in all the same places (e.g. drums). Check out Mo Volans' post on the MPV Blog on Group Modes in Logic to get more info: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/how-to-use-logics-group-mode[/url] :)
  • Curobee
    Hi Rounik, I tried to follow the pattern you suggested me, but at one point I was lost lol. However, I figured another way to do it. I selected the previous regions on the first 3 tracks (waveform), and I hit I think shift + ctrl or shift + alt and dragged them until the regions 3 and 4 mixed smoothly. Anyway, I want to thank you for the tip u gave me about the nudge thing, I'm sure if I keep watching the videos, I'll be able to follow it better what you gave me. Sometimes having someone next to it or a video might be easier to follow. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi King Solo, Glad to hear you found the nudge commands useful!! The great thing about Logic is there is usually more than one way to perform a task... but this can also be confusing too ;-) Pop back any time - you know these forums are here for any questions, thoughts, musings for Logic, audio, other software! Also, keep checking out the blog as the Logic based resources there are growing and growing daily! Cheers R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: