macProVideo.com
Forums
  • chris
    vocal extraction
    Is it possible to achieve vocal extraction ? Being reading a lot about that, but did not yet reached to a concrete conclusion :) Anyone?
  • Hamish H
    Re: vocal extraction
    Hi Chris It should be possible by flipping the phase of an instrumental version of the track. When you play the instrumental version and the vocal version back, the music phase-cancels itself out, leaving just the vocal. Its hard to get it perfect though, unless the instrumental part is exactly the same as the music under the vocal. I've tried a few times myself by chopping instrumental sections out of a track and flipping the phase. No total success yet, but with the right song I think it'll work really well. Hope that helps! Hamish
  • chris
    Re: vocal extraction
    Hi man, thnx for the quick reply :) Yeah, i m aware of that method, i ve tried it and it works, as u said not accurate always; but you have to have the instrumental in order to do the job, and its not that easy to find all tracks' instrumentals. Tried Prosoniq's isolate but still not satisfied with the result, plus its a bit time consuming process... Cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: