macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    audio bpm
    i bought an audio sample from loopmasters and its a bit quick for my track. ive opened the bpm meter but it wont read it for some reason. do i have to activate it or something?
  • Hamish H
    Re: audio bpm
    Hi Drusif Usually Loopmasters samples have the bpm listed in the name of the sample, eg wobble_145 or else they're sometimes organised in folders by bpm too. eg Kick Loops 127bpm it should be a perfect loop no matter what the tempo is, so if you want it to fit your track just option drag the righthand side till it's the right length and you should be good to go. Hope that helps Cheers Hamish
  • drusif
    the loop came 32.5 bars. if i option drag it down to 8 bars will it fit in the i can just loop it where i want. i got a couple of other audio files in the track that i wanted to change but i cant open the time/pitch machine on them. how come? also if i buy some drum hit samples to go with the loomasters audio can i drop them into ultrabeat to arrange them or can i only use pre set hits in there? cheers mate
  • Hamish H
    Hi Drusif Question 1: if you option drag it to 8 bars from 32.5 its going to be really fast. You're better off making an 8 bar loop by: 1) ignore the tempo of the track, an dcount 8 bars of the sample 2) create a loop of the sample then adjust it until it loops perfectly, then cut it using the loop locaters as a guide 3) option drag the new region to fit 8 bars according to the tempo of the song. Sometimes I bounce the region inplace before I loop and cut it - some samples don't like to be option dragged until you bounce them. Q 2: I don't know why you can't use time and pitch machine - are they audio regions? do you have the sample editor open? i dont' know if i can help here, maybe someone else can step in? Q 3: Yes you can use single hit samples in Ultrabeat. I really recommend Steve H's Ultrabeat tutorial: Logic 204 Ultrabeat Unleashed [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9204[/url] It totally explains how. There is a really good load sample feature that allows you to add any sample you like, and manipulate it in a number of different ways. Hope that helps, let us know how you get on! Cheers H
  • drusif
    right what ive done is chopped out he 8 bar loop, then just repeated that, makes sense cause i can drop it out for the breakdown then. as for the other bits of audio not sure either why i cant open the time machine so i changed the tempo of the main sample to suit them @ 127 which im happy with anyways. will check out the utrabeat tutorial but theres so many other good ones to watch as well i dont have enough time lol cheers for ur help, much appreciated drusif
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi drusif Are you using Logic 8 or 9? Are these loops you bought in Apple loop format? Cheers R
  • drusif
    hi, im using logic 8. the loops are just standard ones i got in an minimal techno pack so i assume there not apple ones. from wat i heard u cant change the apple loop ones?
  • Rounik Admin
    I would the follow these Steps (similar to what Hamish wrote above) ... but I need to know whether you want to adjust the tempo of your project to the loop or adust the tempo of the loop to match the project? Btw, check out the Logic 101 videos 42 to 52 - all about time stretching and tempo ;)
  • drusif
    i wanted to adjust the audio to the tempo of the track, managed to do it with one of them ok but not the other. yea i watched 101 but it was a while back, will go over it again, cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: