macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Enharmonic spellings in the chord track
    Hello, I noticed that even though I put the key signature in the global tracks I get the wrong chord root spelling in the chord track and the score window to. I tried the option of change display check box but it only changes some chord spelling. I used the transpose track to change the key. Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Enharmonic spellings in the chord track
    What version of Logic are you running?
  • dynamicalan
    Hello Ski, how are you? I am using Version 8.0.2. of Logic Pro. I found that by transposing each chord back to the root and then dragging it up using the transposition track the enharmonic spelling comes correct. Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    Hi Alan, Doing fine, thanks! Thanks for the info. The reason you're having this trouble with Logic is because in version 8, the whole chord track thing is notoriously buggy. This was fixed in Logic 9 (though I don't recall how long after 9.0.0, but it was definitely fixed). Kudos for finding a workaround. Myself and a few other score editor aficionados scratched our heads on that one for quite a while without success.
  • dynamicalan
    Ski, thanks for writing back. Now what I would like to find is a chord track list window. Do you know if Logic 8 has one? Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    : - ) The only thing that resembles that is the global chord track.
  • dynamicalan
    Ski, when inserting chords into the global track chord track to extend the chord track you have to move everything over but if there was a list for the chord track such as in the event list for the chord track then you could insert the event. However, I found a chord symbol event mixed in with the marker events. I don't know why it's there or where the rest of the chord symbol events aren't there. Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    It could be that you're seeing the chord symbol even from one of those you edited. I'll have a play around with the chord track in 8.0.2 later and see if I can't figure out what's going on.
  • dynamicalan
    It will be interesting to see what you find. Thanks, Alan
  • Peter Schwartz
    Hi Alan, My current project is keeping me super busy, so I haven't had time to poke around on 8.0.2 to see what's going on with the chords. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about your post! Best, Ski
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: