macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    Arp automation
    Hi Guys, whats the best way to automate the Arpeggiator functions? I.e. Change to different resolutions & lengths in different parts of an arrangement. Mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Arp automation
    Hi mtec, I'm not near Logic right now - but I've done similar things in the past. You can input any MIDI Message you like in the Arrangement (use the Event List for example) which controls the Arpeggiator functions... Will get back to you in more detail over the weekend... in the meantime check out Video 52 of the Logic TNT2 - where I show how to remote control an arpeggiator. Hope this helps Rounik
  • mtec
    Cheers R, look forward to ur post. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. I'm back... Let's say you setup your arpeggiator already... - Create a monitor object and cable it to the arp object. - In the Inspector make sure the Icon for the Monitor is enabled. - Create a new track in the Arrange area and assign it to this monitor. - The Arpeggiator can be controlled by other Control Change faders (which we're not going to do here) or by CC values placed on the Monitor track. - Set the Arpeggiator's Controller Base to a number. e.g. set it to 1. - In the Inspector for the Arpeggiator the "Direction' Parameter is controlled byt the first no. you set in the Controller Base, i.e. CC , Ch 1, Num 1, Value... well there are a possible of 7 values so you'll need to set a value between 0-6 later on... - Each subsequent paramater, e.g. - Velocity - Key Limit - Resolution etc etc, is controlled by a subsequent controller number. So, velocity = CC, Ch 1, Num 2. Key Limit (lower value) = CC, Ch 1, Num 3. Key Limit (higher value) = CC, Ch 1, Num 4. etc... - Now create a blank region on the Monitor track and open the Event List. - Change mode to "Create' in the Event list. Move the playhead to where you want to make a change to the arpeggiator. - Click on the Controller button in the Event List and change the numbers to suit. (Remember to set the value appropriately!) - Repeat for all aspects of arp you want to automate.... personally, I like to create Text faders with the correct CC values and cable the monitor object to those faders and each fader is cabled to the Arpeggiator. That way you can get some visual feedback as to what elements of the arp are begin changed. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Koxysie
    Hi, i'm still having trouble automating the arpeggiator, i have the monitor plugged into the arpeggiator and assigned it to a track. The arpeggiator's controller base is set to 1, i created and empty region, changed the mode to create in the event list and clicked controller but none of the values i put in seem to change anything on the arpeggiator channel. The first thing i want to do is make the "repeat" turn on and off and change the length and resolution settings.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: