macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bikarye
    Tap tempo
    Hi Rounik , It would be helpful to have a tap tempo button . Sometimes I import a mp3 file to take down/ transcribe and even before going to beat mapping , I just want to get the closest tempo ... So I thought that maybe there's an environment ready to go with that feature .. Thanks again for all your support . Best
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Tap tempo
    Hi Rique, There is a tap tempo key command in Logic - which I've never found works very well... What I'd suggest is to create one yourself in the Arrange area: 1. Create new Soft Inst track. 2. Insert the Klopfgeist as the instrument. 3. Record by pressing one key on your MIDI Controller while listening to the audio file to get a rough tempo (turn off Logic's Metronome as this may get confusing! 4. Do a quick Beat map to that new MIDI region. Hope this helps R
  • Peter Schwartz
    A little late to the party, but... I agree with Rounik, the tap tempo feature has never worked particularly well. And setting up a button in the environment to do tap tempo is going to produce much less accurate results than tapping, say, a key on the computer keyboard or a key on your controller. Beatmapping in Logic works absolutely brilliantly, and I'd recommend that as has Rounik. You can beatmap the file itself, or a custom-tapped-in click as Rounik suggested.
  • Bikarye
    Thanks guys . Beatmap is definetily the way to go .
  • Rohogay
    I just wanted to make mention of two cool things you might like to know. One, if you're going to use a midi keyboard for tapping, check your latency to get as close as you can and choose the down beats that are going to quantize easier if you decide to do so. I did some beat mapping with Logic and I was in need of some assistance on sorting out all the right places to check for a good beat map so if you can, record a tick to make it easy to hone in with. The latency was some what problematic so do your best, the absolute minimum should do fine. Also, Tome Rice shows you how to record your keyboard and check the latency of it to your recorded signal. So all in all, I would highly recommend checking his video for Latency awareness. That would be Logic 207, Latency tool box with Tom Rice.
  • GaryHiebner
    Try the Tap Tempo widget. It works really well: [url]http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/music/bpmwidget.html[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Useful widget Soundbase. Thanks for sharing! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: