macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    Logic crashes with Import Project Settings
    Hello everybody So, the situation: Logic 9.1.3, Mac OX 10.6.4. If I try to do a very normal Import Project Settings (from Arrange) Logic Crashes. It just refuses to do it and the all computer for a while is blocked (!) If I do the same thing on my MacBook Pro everything works fine as always. Any idea? Thanks al lot Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic crashes with Import Project Settings
    Hey Roberto, Any reason why you're on 10.6.4 and not 10.6.7? It may not solve the issue - just wondering... does the original project open up ok by itself? Was the original project created in an earlier version of Logic? Are you running in 64 bit mode? If so try switching to 32-bit mode. Also, does Logic crash if you try importing from a different project? Thanks :) Rounik
  • roberto
    Hey Rounik, Beautiful to talk with you again! So: 1-I've a very slow Internet connection and I didn't yet took the time to download the 10.6.7. Do you think it's worthy? 2-Yes, the project, any project, opens and works perfectly. 3-It doesn't make any difference: any Logic project I open on this computer since today it does this joke. (with MacBook where I've exactly a specular situation the problem doesn't exist). 4-No, nothing in 64 bit. 5-Yes, it crashes when I try to import project settings from a different project (as I did before 1.027 times!!). It's actually a strange kind of crash: Logic doesn't disappear, It just blocks with the colored round wheel spinning for ages.. I'm thinking that the only different thing I have done on this computer (...I didn't on my MacBook) it's installing the special music fonts for contemporary music (Ski's idea ...). and it actually worked fine. Anyway I did uninstall them, but nothing changes. Nothing I can add, I guess. Once more: thank you for your time Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roberto, The pleasure is mine :) Maybe 10.6.7 will help - I've found it to be stable. Perhaps when you are away from your studio you can download the update? OK... this sounds odd... I think we should blame Ski ;-)) No, really, I would trash your Logic preferences... See if this helps Best Rounik
  • roberto
    Hey (...with a sad voice) Rounik, I never trashed Logic preferences. I don't know how to do. Can you please guide me through the darkest night? Am I loosing all Key Komands etc? (I have the file back up anyway). Life can be cruel sometime! tell me... Roberto
  • roberto
    Rounik, don't loose time. I've found out how to delete logic preferences and I did it, but the problem is still there. Maybe it's the computer. I'll talk with the tecnician. Thanks a lot anyway. I'll let you know... Roberto
  • Peter Schwartz
    Roberto, What kinds of details are you trying to import from other songs? Rounik, Sorry, I don't have time to be a Logic scapegoat. Maybe ask Steve? :-)
  • roberto
    Rounik, I'm really thinking there is something strange in the computer (not only in Logic). For example, if I go to Roberto > Library >Preferences, as soon as I clic on Preferences folder the computer gets blocked for about 1 minute. The same behaviour I have with Import Proj. Settings. Don't know what to say, but the technician will be here today and... Let's go on, discovering the multivers of bugs! I'll tell you what will happen ciao Roberto
  • Peter Schwartz
    Try this: Create a new user account with Admin privileges and login under that user. Run Logic and try to import some settings from a song. If that works then there's a problem with your main user account.
  • roberto
    Hello Ski, Rounik and all men of good will! No words to thank you all for your time and help. I'll try this too Ski and in the evening I'll late you know. Ski, jokes a part, "your" new music simbols are really interesting for we desperate contemporary music writers. ...I'll be back soon Roberto
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: