macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 88keez
    Deleting files
    Does anybody have any advice on deleting files/songs in Logic. I can't seem to delete anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Deleting files
    Can you please describe what kinds of problems you're having? For example, when you're trying to delete files, are you doing that in the Finder? More details please! :-) =Ski=
  • 88keez
    I'm trying to delete some old songs that I've created on Logic. I'm cleaning up and organizing my files and I can't seem to delete any old songs. I actually can't even find a "delete" button on a file. Is there a certain place you have to delete them from? I'm trying to do this from where you open up the file. I've tried dragging the file to the garbage, but that doesn't work. I'm usually using a PC where there is a button for deleting things, is there something different on a Mac?
  • Peter Schwartz
    Couple of things... 1. You can't delete projects from within Logic. The only way you can trash them is to go into the Finder, find the project file (or folder) and drag it to the trash. Emptying the trash will then permanently delete the file. BTW, another way to delete files when in the Finder (desktop) is to select the file and hit CMD (Apple Key)+DELETE. 2. The only thing you can delete from within a Logic project (while it's up and running) are audio files. To do that, you'd go into the Bin (audio bin), select the file, and then go up to the Bin's local Audio File menu and use the "Delete Audio File(s)" function. If you're not able to delete files from the Finder then the only thing I can think of is that you don't have "permission" to do that, meaning, that on Macs, if you're not an 'administrator' then you may not be able to delete files. So when you try to delete files from the Finder (desktop), do you get an error message or something?
  • 88keez
    Thanks for getting back to me. Your advice worked, thanks. I have actually never deleted any projects from Logic so I wasn't sure how to do it. It wasn't working while in Logic, so I was going a little crazy trying to figure out how to delete things. But by going to the Finder and locating the project, it worked great. Thanks again, 88keez
  • Boris the Boshevik
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Deleting files
    I am cleaning up those unwanted audio files from my audio bin on Logic Pro. I went into the edit menu and pressed 'select unused' Then I pressed 'control-delete' and received the warning box which says, "You are about to delete 10 audio files from the hard disk." Underneath that, I noticed that it also said, "You can't undo this operation! [b]Be aware that at least 11 projects also use these files.[/b]" I noticed that some of the files were ones like, "Basic Rock Drumset 07.caf" which I think are from my loop library. I am concerned that I am about to delete permanently files and loops that other songs have used or even worse - lose loops that I paid for that I will never be able to retrieve on Logic again? I also noticed that there are audio files listed such as, "And How We Thank Yo_1#06.aif" which have data file size info next to them; and then underneath those files are individual files such as, "And How We Thank Yo_1#06" or "And How We Thank Yo_1#06.1" with a blue block next to them. I am assuming that the .aif line with the data info next to it is the track listing and that the 'individual' files are all takes which I either used or deleted from my arrange window... ...my problem has been that when I selected the portions which are no longer on my arrange window, such as "1#06.8" and "1#06.9" etc then 'ctrl-delete' does not do anything and edit-delete doesn't remove them from the hard drive, and audio file-'delete file(s)' button is greyed out so that I can't select it? I do want to delete these 'takes' that I deleted from my arrange window - but I don't want to in-advertantly delete the whole track and lose the good takes with the bad ones...I want the baby not the bathwater! :) Please advise.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: