macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Curobee
    Logic Pro 9 with Machine 1.6 or mpc 1000
    can anybody tell me if i can use the logic sounds with machine or mpc? I feel more comfortable using the pads of a drum machine instead of a keyboards. I know that machine has its own software, but i prefer using logic better. Also, what would it be the suggestion between the akai mpc 1000 vs machine by native instruments.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 9 with Machine 1.6 or mpc 1000
    Hi King Solo, Yes, I believe so. Although Maschine comes with tons of sounds you can use it to send MIDI and trigger the Instruments in Logic. I believe you need to set Maschine to MIDI Mode for this to work. Maschine does look great doesn't it - but it's included software would definitely be worth checking out and learning IMHO. MPC can do this too btw. As for mpc 1000 vs Maschine - I couldn't give you a complete "vs" scenario between the two. Before I began researching Maschine I would have gone for an MPC... but now... well, the Maschine hardware and software combination look very capable and tempting... Difficult choice. :)
  • Curobee
    Hello Rounik, Yeah you right about that. That Maschine look tempting, so light and cheaper than mpc. I think the only downfall is that it cannot be used without a computer plugged in. I'm thinking of getting it as my first drum machine. If it works in logic like you said, then it would be even better. One person one time said " well that "mpc" is 1990's, while the maschine is 2011" lol. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks Rounik.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey King Solo, Thanks ... You know the more I read your posts and look at the video the more tempting Maschine looks... Would be very interested to hear how you get along with it... :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: