macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    Quicktime oddity
    Hey there. I'm working on music & sound fx for a short video, and was supplied with a mp4 version. It opens fine in Logic, but there are no transport controls on the QT window, just a blank grey bar along the bottom. I tried opening it in QT and saving as a .mov, but the same thing happens. Should I just keep trying versions until one hopefully works? My end goal is to mute the audio from the video, as I've imported the audio separately onto a Logic track, but the QT audio keeps playing.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Quicktime oddity
    Generally I advise against transcoding (re-saving under new formats) an original movie file. And especially in this case that's probably not even necessary... You have two choices: 1) open the project's Video Project Settings and turn the volume slider all the way down (probably the easiest approach), or... 2) open the movie in QT. Hit CMD-J, and delete the audio track (called a "sound track"). Now re-save the movie as a "reference movie" (and with a new name, of course) and open THAT movie up in Logic. Voila, no sound. I'd suggest that you take approach #1, though, because you may at some point want to compare sync within the original movie file with what you've got going on in Logic.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy, This is a 64-bit bug with QT. There's two techniques... named "A" and "B" below. You can skip "A" is you like... but it's good to know that everything works great in 32-bit mode... A: You can extract the audio or mute the audio in the video by opening Logic in 32-bit mode: 1. Quit Logic 2. Select the Logic app in the Applications folder 3. Hit Command-I and tick the "Open in 32-bit" checkbox. 4. Launch your Logic project 5. If your movie is already in the project then choose File > Import audio from movie... (this will place the audio from the movie on an audio track in the Arrange - which you can then mute). (You can alternatively use the volume control on the video player in Logic to control the volume). If you'd continue working with this project in 64-bit mode these volume changes won't be saved!! B: The way around this is to right-click on the movie window and choose "Video Project Settings". Next adjust the Movie Volume slider as desired. Hope that helps R
  • Peter Schwartz
    Rounik, Regarding your "B", you are like sooooooo late to the party man. All the beer is gone and the only party snacks left to much on are some pretzel nuggets that have spent the evening underfoot of people dancing to old Right Said Fred tracks. : - )
  • Rounik Admin
    darn it... why do I always get left with the pretzels? however, I am feeling "deeply dippy"...er... and "so sexy in this shirt..." ;-)
  • Peter Schwartz
    Better that than being left with... Um, maybe I should stop there. ; - )
  • Rounik Admin
    why stop there? One more post and you've reached the double-century landmark (for posts on the MPV forums) ... no turning back now ;-))
  • Gorynui
    But do I get a prize if one of you gets your double-century medal on my thread? Thanks for the responses.
  • Rounik Admin
    good question! well, it's too late for me (I'm aiming for 8000 posts... and Ski has refused to post again until I publish his next blog article... ... it's like some OK Coral stand-off ;-) Sammy, try asking Ski a question and see if he can resist not answering... :)
  • Gorynui
    This might be a continuation of the earlier video problem, though it's less of an issue... When working with a movie track, if I'm using a floating window for the video, when I change the window size, it goes blank, just an empty video window. To get around this, I make the blank window the size I want, then close it, so the small movie window in the Inspector opens. Double click on that, and it opens the floating window, this time at the size I wanted, and with an image.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: