macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    Strange behaviour in Logic!
    Hello everybody... I'm having a very strange behaving in Logic: after a while suddenly many key commands stops working (CMD+S ; CMD +Q and many more). I've to restart Logic, for a while it works and then again. Also I've had some crashes as soon as I do a simple Transport in Transform Window. I'm on MacBook Pro, Logic 9.1.3, Mac OS X 10.6.4. Any idea? thanks a lot Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Strange behaviour in Logic!
    Hi Roberto, This is very strange... so the standard Mac OS commands are not working... what about CMD+C; CMD+V... ? Does this happen in all projects or just the one you're working on? There are a few things I would do (try using Logic after each step): 1. Disconnect all external hardware and re-plug it in and restart your Mac and then perform a repair permissions. (Might not help this problem, but you never know...) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] 2. Trash the Logic Preferences file. 3. Update to OS X 10.6.7 (I've found it to be very stable with Logic) Let me know how you get on with these... Best Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    Additional troubleshooting: Try this... switch to another screenset (any screenset). Then go back to your original one. Do you still have the problem?
  • Rounik Admin
    CONGRATULATIONS to SKI! (not for the answer... I don't know yet if it will work for you Roberto...) Ski you have reached the grand total of 200 posts on the MPV Forums - time for me to buy you a pina colada (or drink of choice)... Thanks ;) Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    OMG! OMG! OMG! Well, thanks Rounik! I'll take that pina colada for sure. Heavy on the colada, please. :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    I'll put it on ice for you mate :-)
  • roberto
    Boys boys... you are having too much fun while I'm suffering so deeply! But IF (...IF I mean!...) Logic will be back to life I'll pay for all. So: 1- Nothing new with your first point, Rounik. All as before. 2- Ski: I change screenset every minute, but the problem is still there. tell me: what happens to my projects if I delete Logic pref. (the p.list file I guess). What about "initialize all except key command"? Is there a way, after deleting preferences, to reset Logic as I want copying preferences from an old working project? Please: be good to me. roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roberto, When deleting preferences a number of global preferences you've set up in Logic's Pref's are reset. Some other voodoo magic takes place... there'll be a Blog article about this in the near future - so keep checkin' the Blog ;-) Anyways, rather than deleting the pref's file, try moving it to the Desktop. Logic will create a new Prefs file and hopefully this'll be helpful... If not let us know and of course Ski will do his best to solve it now you've offered to pay for an extra pina colada ;-D
  • roberto
    Thanks Rounik! This evening I'll try and let you know... Get ready for the party! Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks - I'll bring the pretzels... Ski... will you bring the party hats? :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: