macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Strange behaviour in Logic!
    Sure! But the party hats I have in stock are kind of along the lines of fully-covering headgear that make one appear like a grotesque, medieval bunny rabbit. Still, it could be a good laugh!
  • Rounik Admin
    there are other kinds of hats available?
  • roberto
    NO LOGIC, NO PARTY! even deleting preferences doesn't work. FURIOUSSSSSSSSS! Now the other computer is coming, I hope not having the same problem there. I'll let you know R.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roberto, I'm shocked... and am investigating this now... Can I ask a few more questions: 1. Did you upgrade to 10.6.7? 2. What is the spec of your MBP: (Apple Menu > About this Mac) 3. Does the CMD+S (and other shortcuts) stop working in other applications? (e.g. Try Pages or Text Edit) In the meantime I have a possible solution: Create a new user account: 1. Launch System Preferences (in Dock or via the Apple Menu) 2. Click on "Accounts" 3. Click the Padlock icon and enter your account password. 4. Click the '+' button to create a new test user account and fill in the information as desired. Set the Account type as "Administrator". 5. Quit all your running applications and from the Apple Menu choose Logout *your user name*. 6. Log-in to the newly created account and launch Logic... Do you get the same naughty behaviour? If you don't then at least we know it's something specific to your user account... Thanks Roberto :) R
  • Rounik Admin
    OK... A couple of further questions: 4. Are you using Logic 9.1.3 in 32-bit or 64-bit mode? 5. Do you have Spaces and Expose enabled? 6. Are there any functions/commands you are performing in Logic prior to this strange behaviour? e.g. Audio to Score? 7. Is there any function or command you perform consistently (in Logic) after which these key commands stop working? Thanks R
  • Rounik Admin
    Roberto!! I think we may have a party back on... I hope you have not tried my suggestion for creating a new user account as I don't think this will fix the issue. The problem seems to be in Logic and not Mac OSX. Let me explain... If... (this is a BIG IF) you are using Audio to Score and then the commands stop working, I've found a way to replicate this issue: To create this problem: 1. Double-click an audio region to open the Sample Editor in the Tab at the bottom of the Arrange area. 2. Make sure that audio region's track header in the Arrange area is selected. 3. Choose the key command for Factory > Audio to Score... 4. BEFORE clicking "Process" make sure the Arrange area has key focus (click on the Arrange Area's background). Then click on "Process"... The shortcuts / key commands will stop working. SOLUTION: 1. Make sure a different track (not the region's track you want to perform audio to score on) is selected -- VERY Important! 2. Select your audio region and double-click it to open the Sample Editor. 3. Choose the key command for Factory > Audio to Score... 4. Click Process and you'll notice that a separate Score window opens. You can close this or minimise this window and continue working. Your shortcuts should continue working as normal. This is a very, very strange and obscure bug I've come across... Hope this helps :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    oh... if this is not the problem btw, please let me know exactly what process you do in Logic before the shortcut key commands stop working :)
  • roberto
    Rounik, I even don't know what "audio to score" is! I never work with audio, only Midi. Can be interesting to know that with the other Mac, just arrived after the broken HD, there is the same problem. The only thing has changed since when it was working is that Logic has been updated to 9.1.3. more: if I go to the "Transform window" and I do a simple "transpose" 90% Logic crashes. There are not special operation that I do before some Key commands stop working (but still I can save or quit Logic from menu). Could it be a conflict between Mac OS X 10.6.4and Logic 9.1.3? we are getting crazy here!! ciao and thanks Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh! Audio to Score creates a Score (MIDI region) from an audio region... OK. Well, this bug I experience with Audio to Score sounds like the exact same thing you are experiencing... but it happens regardless of what you're doing in Logic? Please, Roberto, one more question: Are you running Logic in 32-bit or 64-bit mode? I would highly recommend to upgrading the Mac OS to 10.6.6 first. (Not the latest version just yet). Please try this on one machine and let me know how you get on. Best Rounik
  • roberto
    I'm working on 32 bit. What about 10.6.5? I could have it without download that takes me on day... R.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: