macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Strange behaviour in Logic!
    I don't know 10.6.5. I would recommend either 10.6.6 or 10.6.7. I have found both of these work well with Logic 9.1.3...
  • roberto
    Ok Rounik, we'll try. You take a rest and I'll let you know. r.
  • Rounik Admin
    Good Luck! :)
  • roberto
    Rounik, we installed 10.6.6 and the problem is still there. We found that other people has this problem. It's a bug in Logic 9.1.3. Very bad! We thought to reinstall Logic 9.1. that was perfectly working. What do you think? Thanks Roberto
  • roberto
    I'm thinking... Does Logic 9.1 opens projects 9.1.3? ciao r.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roberto, Sorry to hear this. But, it's very odd that I've never experienced this issue and I use Logic daily... the only other instance I've seen of this bug were by those who used the Audio to Score feature... There must be something odd relating to your Mac or what is installed and Logic 9.1.3. Can you try creating a new user account (I explained the steps in a previous post today). I think Logic 9.1.1 opens projects created in 9.1.3, so this would be worth trying out if you can get hold of 9.1.1. Let me know how you get on. :) Rounik
  • roberto
    Rounik, is there a way to uninstall Logic completely? The 9.1 installer refuse to give Soundtrack Pro and other parts because they result to be still installed in some parts. Is there a kind of uninstall? thanks a lot r.
  • roberto
    You know... we installed Logic 9 and Logic 9.1 and the problem is still there. It's a nightmare! what about deleting all Key Commands and do them all again? goodnight... r.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roberto, I don't think deleting key commands will work - but is contained within your Logic preferences file anyway... This issue doesn't seem to be connected to Logic specific key commands as all the Mac OS standard commands don't work either. Please read the following carefully and try all the steps and let me know the answers to these questions. This is important to help us figure out where the problem is: A: Does this problem occur in every project file - even New projects in Logic? B: Create a new user account: 1. Launch System Preferences (in Dock or via the Apple Menu) 2. Click on "Accounts" 3. Click the Padlock icon and enter your account password. 4. Click the '+' button to create a new test user account and fill in the information as desired. Set the Account type as "Administrator". 5. Quit all your running applications and from the Apple Menu choose Logout *your user name*. 6. Log-in to the newly created account and launch Logic... Do you get the same behaviour? Thanks Rounik
  • roberto
    Hi Rounik thanks a lot for all the energy you put on this problem, really! First I want to say that we found out in different forums that many persons has the same problem. One also describes the same procedure that you told me about "Audio to score". It seems to be a bug in Logic 9. I wonder why I started to experiment it only after updating to 9.1.3. Logic 9 has been now completely reinstalled and updated to 9.1 on the big computer (on MacBook I still have 9.1.3, to see if there is some difference. An important thing: in Transform window, if I drug up or down the numbers of "transpose" Logic crashes. Some other people experimented this in forums. One has to select and enter the number or select and scroll with the mouse wheel. In this way it seems to work. BUT it never happened before to me. Coming to your points: 1- Yes, this occurred (I still have to work a while now to see what happens) in any project. Even starting from a New blank template. 2- I will do the new user account but I before I want to try if it works how it is now. As soon as the technician will come back we'll do it. I feel kind of shocked because in few days I've had a HD Broken, reinstall the all operative system and now this last joy. So let me rest a moment. 3 - We found very strange that Logic doesn't have an Uninstall. We have had really some problem to clean the Mac to all Logic files and when we reinstalled Logic still some parts couldn't be reinstalled (mainstage, compressor...) because still present somewhere! A real chaos! And to do it was a real expert person, not me. Could Apple do something about it? Ok, I try go back at work now, if God helps me!! As soon as I can add something I'll let you know. Thanks a lot. And just let's wait a moment for the party! Roberto
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: