macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Good Midi free
    Lately I've been digging around for some midi to use on demo tracks. I found lots of sites that offer free midid but it is typically very robotic and not always accurate. most of the time when you play it, it sound goofy with the selected sound from your computer. So here's a tip I have learned while working these Midi projects out. First, when you download the midi it will open up in Logic. When it does it has control and data in the midi that tells logic what to use for that track. Let it open up and immediately go into the list editor, find those parts of data and delete them. Then you can control what you do with the mid unless you like the info it has in it. The control data is fader volume pan and instrument type etc. Make sure you clear out data at the end as well if it has fade out data. Next, if the drums are separated into 4 sections, merge them into one region in the region menu under merge. Now that you have something to work with you can take the midi you worked through, put it into a project you're developing, go into the Piano editor and deal with the flat robotic problems with the transform window to randomize or humanize the Velocity and Quantizing. Edit the midi as you see fit, choose some good kits or sound samples if you have them form say the ESX24 or if you're using something like Superior, your even better off. Superior offers some randomizing as will to help things sound natural. When its all said and done, you get loads of good working midi free that can be sorted into very usable and good parts all with the tools that Logic has built in. here is a place to dig up some good midi for free [url]http://www.ifni.com/top100/index.php[/url] have fun.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Good Midi free
    Thanks Victor! That's really useful. Utilising free MIDI files is such an untapped area for most producers I know. Excellent link! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: