macProVideo.com
Forums
  • llear
    No record enable after Soundflower install
    After installing Sounflower, I canot record enable audio tracks on any Logic session old or. I tried running the uninstall script and turning it off but no change. Anyone with the same problem? I have the Apogee Ensemble and checked out Maestro settings which have not changed.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: No record enable after Soundflower install
    Hi llear, In Logic's Pref's > Audio > Devices which audio device are you using? Which version of Logic 9 are you running (32-bit / 64-bit)? Thanks R
  • llear
    Thanks for getting back to me. I am running Log 9.1.3 32-bit. It looks like when I was setting up Soundflower it took over Logics IO input setting to my Apogee Ensemble, so when I would launch a session Logic had no IO input assigned. I hope this will help anyone with same problem. Has anyone used Soundflower and Logic with iChat or Skype? If so I could I use some help with setup. Thanks in advance. Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi llear, Thanks for sharing the issue and solution. I used SF and Logic and Skype a year or so back. What do you need help with? Thanks R
  • llear
    Thanks. I was trying to share the same Logic session with my friend in NYC W/16bit audio. I use iChat to run his session while he records. I also play back the mixes from my side and would like him to hear 16bit audio. We both have the same setup. MBP, Logic, Apogee. Thanks in advance. -Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    So you want to record over Skype into the project on your friend's Mac? I wouldn't recommend it. Also, the quality of the recording won't be anywhere near 16 bit I believe. The audio quality over skype/iChat will depend on the bandwidth and quality of the Skype connection - which is compressed and probably not nearly as good as MP3. Rounik
  • llear
    Thank you. I was not clear. No recording just auditioning the project through Skype or iChat in 16bit audio. Maybe this is not possible. Thanks. --Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    I think there are plugins/systems out there designed to do what you want. I'll see if I can find what I;'m thinking of... I vaguely remember the name of said plugin containing the word "glass". I could be imagining things though! The audio connection over Skype is designed for voice calls and not for pro audio - so I doubt it's even stereo let alone 16 bit quality. :)
  • llear
    Thank you. Maybe iChat is the way to go which is fine as my friend has the same setup as I. Let me know or send me a link if you find it. I will reaserch. Thanks. --Llear
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: