macProVideo.com
Forums
  • llear
    Bouncing 5:55min of a 10:00min song exactly
    Hard to explaine, but I am having a problem getting my timeline and master track fade to line up exactly at 5:55min. I tried typing in the number but when I came to the bounce page the numbers were different. I need to keep the original track time at 10:00min as I will be bouncing to several projects with different times. I tried the cycle in the time line but could not get it to work. Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance. -Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bouncing 5:55min of a 10:00min song exactly
    Hi llear, I think i understand your question - but let me know if I'm on the wrong track... What I would do is: 1. set the Timeline to display in "Time and Bars": At the top-right of the Arrange click on the Note icon. 2. Make sure the locators in the Transport are displaying Time. If not right-click on them and choose: "Display locators as time". 3. Set your locators as desired and turn on Cycle mode. (Important) 4. File > Bounce... and you should see the Bounce locators now match your locators in the Arrange. Hope this helps R
  • Peter Schwartz
    Questions... - you say you keep typing in a number. Where are you doing that? - what's your frame rate set to? - what's the SMPTE Position of the first event in the Tempo Editor? - when the playhead is set to the beginning of where your song starts, what does the SMPTE readout say? (See the transport)
  • llear
    Thank you getting closer. I did what you said and every thing in the arrange window look great, when I go to bounce the locaters read 111 1/ 55 3 4 161 and a the bottom right it says requires 120.6 MB disk space (Time 5:55). So the bounce screen is displaying bars. Is that a non issue? Thanks. --Llear
  • llear
    Thanks Ski, I was viewing in bars and Rounik pointed out time and bars is the setting. That reads perfect. Don't want to waist your time, but if you see something I am doing wrong please advise. Thanks. --Llear
  • llear
    One more Q. Can I make Time and Bars my default view? When I save and relaunch, the session is in bars. Thanks --Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Llear, Yes, you're right - the Bounce dialog doesn't display the locators in Time values - but it's a non issue. The Bar Ruler settings will always default to "Bar" values in new projects. The best way around that is to create and "File > Save as a template..." an empty project that you've customised: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/quick-tip-creating-project-templates-logic-9[/url] Cheers! Rounik
  • llear
    Thank you. I changed my Template as soon as you showed me time and bars but did not realize existing projects would not get the change. Thank you so much. --Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: